BX2506 BX23S 3pt hitch kit pricing & unboxing

ejb11235

Equipment
BX23S, Braber BBR4G 4' Box Blade & LRM5G 5' landscape rake
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
My BX2506 3pt hitch kit just arrived yesterday, and I took some pictures of the unboxing. Maybe someone will enjoy it.

I bought it from Coleman Equipment for $241 plus $52 shipping to Seattle. Messicks charges $256 + $71 shipping. Neither charges sales tax. Local dealers wanted $330 and $360 plus around 10% sales tax.

Box is flat like a pizza box. Surprisingly heavy.

Kubota puts the small parts in cutouts in the cardboard instead of a sealed plastic bag. I like the reduction in waste but some of the parts shifted around and gave me a scare that they were missing. Fortunately nothing was missing.

--eric

Let the fun begin! :coffee:
1.jpg

Oh nice, no plastic or styrofoam! :cool:
2.jpg

Uh oh, are there parts missing? :eek:
3.jpg

Phew! Everything's here, joy! :)
4.jpg

Mocked up. Can't wait to get it on the tractor, but first I have to read up on how to remove the backhoe.:D
5a.jpg

Ok, what am I going to change? :unsure: (telescoping stabilizer bars are already ordered ( the turn-buckles will never be installed). I need some R-clips to replace some of the cotter pins. Reading up on hydraulic top-n-tilt and how to install remote rears on the 23S)
5b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Gee, my kit is still in the bag after 4 years and the BH still on. One of those 'rainy day' projects I never seem to get to,and neighbours love 'their' BH........

To get the BH be SURE to do it on a concrete pad,say in the garage where the wife's car USED to be parked. Unless you have a 'dolly' for the BH, where ever you disconnect is WHERE it'll be for awhile.....

BTW be sure to reconnect the hyd lines otherwise you won't be moving the tractor......

ejb11235

Equipment
BX23S, Braber BBR4G 4' Box Blade & LRM5G 5' landscape rake
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
Gee, my kit is still in the bag after 4 years and the BH still on. One of those 'rainy day' projects I never seem to get to,and neighbours love 'their' BH........

To get the BH be SURE to do it on a concrete pad,say in the garage where the wife's car USED to be parked. Unless you have a 'dolly' for the BH, where ever you disconnect is WHERE it'll be for awhile.....

BTW be sure to reconnect the hyd lines otherwise you won't be moving the tractor......
Ah, the luxury of having a concrete pad...only gravel here. I'll probably keep the BH on most of the time and just put the 3PH on when I need it.

Do you charge your neighbors to use their BH or are you just friendly?