BX25 won't stay running...

forceten

Equipment
BX 25d, Grand L6060, Kx040, GL7500, ZD1211 With cab
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
Not to bring up an old thread, but I did a seach for block heaters and the bx25. And this thread popped up. So not sure if I should start a new thread or hop on this one (guess which I picked :D)

We have block heaters for all of our tanker trucks. We have an oil company by the way in NJ so feel free to ask any fuel questions to us - additives and diesel and such. STR2 addivitve is the best for 10-20 below temps and diesel for off road red dyed non taxed stuff. Its what we put in our tankers delivery compartments when it gets so cold our trucks slow down from 80 gallons a min to last winter they went to 10 gallons a min without it.

For on road clear diesel howes additive is the best your gonna find. It also adds some lubrication back into the ultra low crap diesel. I so much liked the old L/S diesel that we cant get anymore!

Anyway my question - who makes a block heater for the bx25? kubota itse;f? or is it an aftermarket? Anyone point me to one online?

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL

forceten

Equipment
BX 25d, Grand L6060, Kx040, GL7500, ZD1211 With cab
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
Thanks county bumpkin

Whats the difference between the two kits?

The first one looks like it goes into a freeze plug.

Not quit sure what that 2nd kit is going

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
Thanks county bumpkin

Whats the difference between the two kits?

The first one looks like it goes into a freeze plug.

Not quit sure what that 2nd kit is going
You would need to call or e-mail Messicks parts dept and see which one is correct for you.

eriksonr

Equipment
bucket loader, deck mower
Jan 26, 2016
Warrenton, VA
If you at all suspicious of water content in the fuel, get a Mr. Funnel (about $20 at tractor supply). It works as advertised to block water and pass only the diesel fuel. I have not had a frozen fuel line thus far this winter. Granted, it won't solve the parafin gelling issue at extreme low temps, dirty fuel filters, or debris in the tank.