bx25...rear blade size

motherjones

Equipment
BX 25
Oct 12, 2012
carneys point nj
Could use a little help. Would like to purchase a rear blade for my bx25 but I'm not sure about the size. The manual calls for a 5 footer, but was wondering if anyone has ever had any success or failure with a 6 footer. The blade would be used for snow removal. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I have a 5 footer for mine and it works well, sure you could run a 6 footer, but you might find out you can't pull it as well.
They create a lot of drag and I can guarantee you will run out of traction before you will run out of power. The point is bigger aint always better with some things,, Just MHO you understand

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Skeets you are right on point. I use an LandPride RB1560 with my BX

beemehero

Equipment
L3800, B2410HSDB tiller mowers auger scraper blade fence stretcher rake blower
Sep 28, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The blade will start ice skating in whatever direction it's pointed if the tractor doesn't out weigh it and/or grip it.

I've had good luck with weighted R1 tires and chains, ATV studs to boot.
Helps to get a bucket full of something heavy upfront so you don't spin with the blade pulling you off to one side.

I like the counter steer game of blading snow, just another way to have fun on a Kubota.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Typical rule of thumb for rear blades and landscape rakes is that you want it to be as wide as your tractor when the unit is angled over at 45 degrees. I believe that a 5 footer fills those needs for you. ;)

motherjones

Equipment
BX 25
Oct 12, 2012
carneys point nj
I guess the 5 footer it is. Another rule of thumb I had read was for every 1 ft. of width, 5 HP was required. A 60 inch blade would be right in the ballpark for the 23 horse bx25. Tractor Supply near me has them for around 300 dollars. I was just wondering that if I'm making passes with the front bucket down, the 6 foot back blade would just be picking up the overflow from the front bucket........but with traction being the main consideration, its probably a safer bet with the 5 footer. Thank you to all who responded!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Mudder Jones,,, Hmmmm I seem to remember that name from some place:confused:

Gso125

Equipment
Bx25D TLB, snowblower
Sep 16, 2013
USA
After reading this thread I decided to get a 5 foot blade from Tractor Supply I looked at the orange one $329 then the yellow one for $299 and it was scraped up a little looked like it might have been used so they gave me 10% off when I got home and looked at them online mine is a mix of the 6 foot heavier duty 3 pt hook up with the 5 foot blade. Putting it on my bx25d

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/countylinereg;-sub-compact-rear-blade-5-ft

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/countylinereg;-rear-blade-5-ft

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/countylinereg;-rear-blade-6-ft

Attachments

Last edited: