Bx25 lighting

neatoooo2001

Dec 29, 2011
corinth NY
What is the best way to tap into the wiring for a new BX25, pretty much worthless without lights on the rops, I've found a nice mounting brackets for $35 and a set of led tractor lights on ebay for $50, just not to sure about the best way to tap into the wiring. I will be using u- clamps for the mounts, and the wiring will be in plastic sheating, want a toggle switch to be mounted somewhere that is out of the way of getting broken, led draw will be minimum, Also have a question about led conversion for front lights, if possible for less draw running everything, at once, and still maintain a good charge to the battery.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I did pretty much the same thing on my 2360, the bracket on top of the ROPS with 2 55watt off road lamps,, wallyworld I think like 25 bucks,, the bracket is wide enough for both lights and stands about 2 1/2 over the ROPS i use a 2x4 to brake the street sign I found, I made clamps and used 4, 3 inch bolts to clap it to the top of the ROPS. ( I would post a pic but for some reason I cant seem to get things loaded)
I ran a line off the battery through a 15 amp inline fuse and placed the switch on the grill cover that covers the battery. The lights work well, though if you have any over hanging branches they will clean the lights off, dont ask,,,, I thought about mounting the lights under the ROPS but my head gets in the way.
I also mounted a 55 watt driving lamp where the hazard sign use to be, made a bracket and bolted it in place for use in backing up, you know just to see what Im backing over.. total 165 watts (I dont use the head light with the plow as they are useless).
So far I have no had no power isuses as long as you keep the rpms up the battery will be ok other wise it is a drain, I also have a sears battery tender I keep hooked up in the winter 30 bucks, I use the same kind for the Harley Battery in the winter.

I = 165watts/12VDC= 13.75 amps power draw with all 3 lamps burning,
I would like to see the LE set up once you get it done, Im not real crazy about the 55 watters but maybe the LRDS would work better,,,,