BX25 FEL control rod malfunctioning

Underwhere

Jul 7, 2013
Freedom, NH
I noticed something strange today. when lifting something off the ground with the BX the loader continued to lift on its own without me touching the controls.

Normally after you let go, the arm should spring back to its center position.

Has anyone experienced this? It's quite dangerous as I often lift something to get it off the ground and then drive in reverse. Today I turned around and my bucket was extremely high and my load was in danger of toppling on top of me before I caught it.

Underwhere

Jul 7, 2013
Freedom, NH
Anyone have any ideas? This is getting worse.
Using the grapple got pretty dangerous.

The control stick seems to be very sloppy and gets stuck in position.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Your going to have to get into the spool valve and linkage and check it out!
Could be as simple as needing the linkage lubed or a bolt or pin falling out or as complicated as a broken spool valve.

get the covers off and take some pictures and we can give some pointers, there is 4 different linkage setups on the valves so a picture of what your dealing with is required! ;)

Last edited:

Underwhere

Jul 7, 2013
Freedom, NH
Your going to have to get into the spool valve and linkage and check it out!
Could be as simple as needing the linkage lubed or a bolt or pin falling out or as complicated as a broken spool valve.

get the covers off and take some pictures and we can give some pointers, there is 4 different linkage setups on the valves so a picture of what your dealing with is required! ;)
Thanks for the offer to help.

I've taken video. Hopefully this is helpful for those who may offer assistance.
I'll take and upload pics shortly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkMBFgEHMNA