BX25 Cab. What brand did you use?

rob82

Equipment
2012 BX25
Jan 18, 2013
Monroe,NJ
After clearing snow for 4 hours yesterday I decided I have to put a cab on my BX25. I guess I'm getting old. Cold and wet no fun. So what have you guys used? I keep going back to the Curtis soft side cab. Does anyone have one of these? Thanks Rob

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
I built mine, you might want to start by looking at prices to see which market you are in. A year ago my dealer gave me a price around $4000 for a Curtis soft side for a BX2370. Off the internet you can find soft ones for around $1000, but they are a lot less cab.

forceten

Equipment
BX 25d, Grand L6060, Kx040, GL7500, ZD1211 With cab
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
Went with the curtis hard cab with heat last summer. With the 2'+ blizzard we just had - was so great to have that cab....... the heat worked too well, had to take my jacket off and gloves and hat and then still had to turn it down to low (but was only 20 yesterday morning not -10 or anything). Wiper blade worked great and fans and heat kept all the windows free of snow.....

The console I put in was great with all the switches and exterior lights on the cab. Only thing that didnt work well was the radio. Now way I could hear it much at 3k rpm's blowing. But thats only a small issue. Cheap radio came with the console and speakers. I might upgrade them in the spring

ANY cab soft or hard - one you make one you buy - will be a godsend to keep the wind and snow off you. Well worth it.

I had moy first cab with blower on my old ford lgt tractor before the kubota. Once you have a cab you will never want to go back (if you have the funds).

I have to look but I think dealer built and installed the cab for me for $4k (usa - NJ). But I also bought a lot of other stuff from them so I think the install was basically free. Console and lights I installed

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
I am saving up for the Curtis hard side, if I were to go with a soft it would be one of the $1k deals. In Curtis there isn't much difference between the two.

Not any snow to worry about so far in MN, hoping for 1 to test out the BX.

rob82

Equipment
2012 BX25
Jan 18, 2013
Monroe,NJ
Thanks guys. Hey forceten I'm in NJ too and I was dealing with the blizzard too but with no cab it wasnt fun.

forceten

Equipment
BX 25d, Grand L6060, Kx040, GL7500, ZD1211 With cab
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
Yeah - even worse I was working in trenton this morning, and they just don't plow ANY side street at all.

I'm in a big heavy tanker truck and can usually get around still but got stuck on a street for 2 hours........

Only good thing was the entire street/neighborhood came out - I had 20 people digging and digging to help get me out. I would move 5 feet and slip to the side and get restuck. We canceled all calls that werent on main streets or plowed after that

If your around in the spring and wanna see a hard curtis cab - maybe you can swing by one day when I have time. I'm just outside highstown - your real close.

Once the spring hits I will be taking the doors, back door and front windshield off to put it in summer mode. And blower salt spreader comes off and backhoe and FEl goes back on

ha just looked at your profile, your a hunter like me - and an HVAC tech like me :) What company you work for? you on the Nj hunter boards also?

rob82

Equipment
2012 BX25
Jan 18, 2013
Monroe,NJ
Yeah cool maybe take a look one day. I use to drive an 18 wheeler no fun at all in the snow. I work for PSE&G. Not on any hunter boards

t33jetman

Equipment
BX25D, TLB, 1860 bal. bucket, Curtis Hard Cab
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
After clearing snow for 4 hours yesterday I decided I have to put a cab on my BX25. I guess I'm getting old. Cold and wet no fun. So what have you guys used? I keep going back to the Curtis soft side cab. Does anyone have one of these? Thanks Rob

Last edited:

Mani1147

Equipment
2013 BX2370, belly mower, rear snow blower, rear tiller, front loader
Aug 20, 2013
NB, Canada
Hi, I plan to build myself a hard cab someday but for now, I just modified a used John Deer ride on mower soft cab that I got off kijiji for $150. I just keep it on for winter along with my quick coupling connected cab heater. Its far from air tight but much better that no cab at all and a lot cheaper.

Attachments