BX24D Midmower Deck causing radiator to collect grass clippings

kubotauser

Equipment
2008 BX24 w/loader, backhoe, snowblower
Dec 2, 2016
Big Rapids
I have about an acre of lawn which I mow with my 56" wide midmower deck . Unfortunately, the air intake is just behind the radiator, right over the the front part of deck, and it suck grass clippings from underneath causing the screen to plug up, resulting in engine overheat. Sometime I have to stop in the middle and blow the grass off the screen and radiator with a vacuum cleaner.
Has anyone rigged up a fix for this?

Ben S

Equipment
B2620 FEL MMM mcconell swingtrim
Jan 17, 2015
Holland
I have about an acre of lawn which I mow with my 56" wide midmower deck . Unfortunately, the air intake is just behind the radiator, right over the the front part of deck, and it suck grass clippings from underneath causing the screen to plug up, resulting in engine overheat. Sometime I have to stop in the middle and blow the grass off the screen and radiator with a vacuum cleaner.
Has anyone rigged up a fix for this?
a solution for this problem would be nice:)

07wingnut

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Clearwater, BC, CA
I don't know if the BX24 is similar to the BX23, but on the 23, there is a removable plate that blocks the airflow from underneath to the radiator and forces the airflow to come thru the perforated screen that covers the battery compartment. This keeps the grass clippings out of the radiator screen.