bx24 pto stopped working

dfdumass

Equipment
bx24 sub compact, tiller, backhoe, grader
Jan 15, 2014
laytonville, ca
need some help, i have a sub compact kubota bx24 i use a king cutter tiller last season i tilled a lot of gardens winter came and i stored tiller next season i reinstalled tiller to start season and when i engaged pto it wouldnt work, well i have exhausted all trouble shooting to repair this problem but with no success . i am not even sure how pto works on my tractor , thinking it was a linkage problem i removed pto clutch handle and found that all this handle does is open and close a saftey switch? no actual linkage shifting pto ??? any help or advice welcomed or has anyone else experienced this problem , i talked with mechanic at kubota dealer and he had never heard of this and insisted there has to be some kind of linkage connected to pto clutch lever so i am just baffled help please

dfdumass

Equipment
bx24 sub compact, tiller, backhoe, grader
Jan 15, 2014
laytonville, ca
WOW! not one suggestion i am at a loss still have hopes Kubota will get back to me they did reply at least and sent my email off to another tech div crossing my fingers

uglyboy

Equipment
TG1860G
Mar 8, 2013
St. George, Ontario
the safety switch engages when the pto lever is in the fully disengaged position. can't start the tractor unless this switch is made. the lever certainly does connect to linkage into the transaxle assy to engage the pto drive.
but, have you checked the other pto lever right next to it, the one that selects rear, front or both ???
maybe somebody moved it to the front only position, so you get no drive to your tiller ???

just a thought.

Pete

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Both the PTO select and the PTO gear shift lever are connected to shafts that go directly inside the transmission case and all the other linkage is inside the case.
There isn't any adjustments. If the bolts that attach the arms to the shaft are in then that side is good (and if the bolts aren't in the lever falls off).
If the selector lever is in the right position for rear and the PTO engage lever is on and the rear PTO isn't working then it's an internal problem and will require some repair.