BX23S Rear rotary cutter/Brush hog - size recommendation

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
It probably has the power to handle a five foot cutter. I don't know about the weight. Your three point lifting capability comes into play here. There are different duty levels of cutters and I'd probably go with the lighter weight ones. I hope you plan to mow on relatively flat terrain. If the cutter is too heavy the tail could indeed wag the dog.

Tchess450

Equipment
BX23S with 60inch deck. implements, blade, forks, spreader, and more.
Jun 18, 2018
Pa
I use a 5 foot brush hog on my bx23s. With that said it is a little big, but power wise I have no issues but also cleaning stuff that gets cut every few years. I do not use a top link and use it more like pull behind mower because it is to heavy.

rokhunter

Equipment
BX23S TLB
Dec 28, 2018
Baker, Florida, United States
Consider what you're cutting, too - just because the BX may lift a 5' model and turn the blades doesn't mean it can keep the blades turning at the right RPM for effective cutting in anything but light material - and if it can, consider the stress you're putting on the tractor internals by trying to drive a larger-than-recommended implement over the long term.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I have a LP RCR1242 (42" and 380 pounds) on my BX and it does a great job for residential use. Esp for tight spots, I can get it into a lot of places. It is fine without front weights, but I like to remove the loader and put about 250 pounds of weight on the front bumper frame.