BX23S pricing

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Periodically I do a "build" on the Kubota website to see what it will cost to replace my BX23S with the cab and all the accessory implements that I have purchased along the way. It is now $54219 plus sales tax and the cost to load the tires! I do this to keep the insurance valuation current. I believe that the only way that I could get close to this number if I were to sell it would be to parcel it out and sell everything separately.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Good lord! What do you think everything would be if you purchased all together originally?
Kubota doesn't discount items when they are purchased with the tractor on their website, however, the dealer might. From what I have seen, if you find a really hungry dealer, they might give you a 5% discount. The base price of the BX23S is $25890 and the additional items that would be added to the tractor keep moving the needle upward. Then when I add in the rototiller, snowblower, snow plow, weight, and front weight bracket the numbers keep going up. I didn't even add the cost of the weight box and the value of 600+ pounds of lead weights, nor the value of the 8" bucket.
I think that most of us would be quite surprised by the cost of replacing your present tractor and all the accessory items that you have purchased over the time of ownership of the tractor. When I purchased my tractor I had a cab added to the machine, and from memory, it was about $6000 installed. Today that cab now costs $7848 or an $1800 increase in cost over the past 4 years. A number of items I found used, however for insurance purposes, if they were stolen, it is the replacement cost that I have to consider. Presently, I have only the tractor, snowblower, snow blade, rototiller, counterbalance weights, and the weight box on my insurance policy, with a value of $30,000 since I doubt that everything would be a loss if stolen. On the other hand, if there was a fire, almost everything would be a total loss, and that is where the build summary cost would come in. If I had to replace everything new it would be a little over $55,000. I do this once a year and discuss it with the insurance agent. This is the first year that I have taken into consideration the total package cost.
The reason for my post was to enlighten our members who have had their machines for a few years as to how much more expensive it has become to replace them with like kind and quality should the machine be stolen, go up in smoke, or even be a total lost by an accident.

Reactions: 1 users

Mrlunchbox

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2023 BX2380 loader/mower. Land Pride snow pusher, Kapteyn pallet forks
Nov 21, 2020
Southern Worcester County, MA

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Mrlunchbox, why don't you do the same with your tractor to see how much your tractor costs today? Here is the link. https://shop.kubotausa.com/buildmykubota/
I have tried to do that with my L48 TLB, but it is now 18 years old (261 hours), and there is really not a new comparable.
The L47 TLB is the closest, but that is a 10' dig machine, while my L48 is 11' dig.
The M62 is 14' dig, so is much more desirable, but is the only available dig depth that is comparable.
For insurance purposes, I am covered for "replacement value".
My claim would be that a 10' dig machine (L47) is not an equal "replacement" for my 11' dig machine.
I have USAA coverage with "replacement value".
I do not have a schedule of items, and am not required to do so.

Many years ago, I had a major house fire claim, with USAA, and anything lost then, that was not available as an equal replacement item, was allowed with the next upgrade available item.
I have quite high total replacement cost coverage, since I assume that much would be lost in a fire, in any one of 3 buildings.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Oh i've done that already. It's already almost 5k higher than if I purchased my current setup almost 4 years ago originally. Crazy how much it inflates.
One of the main reasons that I bought the M6060 off the lot in Sheridan, WY in April of 2022 was my concern that the prices of these things is only going to go up. I would have ordered an M7060, but the tractor as it sat was $7,650 less than the equivalent "Build my Kubota" price at that time. Turns out that it was ordered before a big price increase and the dealership listed it based on their cost, not current value.

Today the equivalent M6060 is $10,200 more than I paid less than two years ago. This is exactly why I bought the tractor when I did.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
This is the first year that I have taken into consideration the total package cost.
The reason for my post was to enlighten our members who have had their machines for a few years as to how much more expensive it has become to replace them with like kind and quality should the machine be stolen, go up in smoke, or even be a total lost by an accident.
I keep spreadsheets on just about everything in my life including tractors, trailers and implements. It's amazing how much we can have invested in our hobby, passion, interest or for some here, profession.

When I bought the MX6000 open station I also bought a new Land Price RCR1884 rotary cutter for $4,600. That seemed incredibly expensive at the time, but now according to Kubota.com it's $6,672 configured the same as mine. That's a 45% increase since April of 2021.

Last edited: