BX23S MMM intermittent issue lowering it

luc.who

Sep 1, 2018
Lewisberry PA
I took my BH off this week to get the 23S set up for mowing. I planned to take the bucket off the FEL to cut the grass and when I went to lower/drop the mower deck to the grass cutting height and I could not get the MMM to go down.

I went thru the tractor manual and the MMM manual.. no help... Called my favorite dealer.... told me to put some force to it the adjustment dial... LOL.. I can add some force but I know when its working right it turns easy. I didn't add the pipe wrench and 6 foot extension…

So, I lifted the tractor with the FEL and raised an lowered the 3 point hitch 3 or 4 times... the mower deck came free. After cutting the grass, I put the MMM back to the top position and its now stuck again.. It has to be catching on something. Anyone else seen this issue with the MMM?

I may get out to the garage today and lift it up to see if I can see what's going on.. but any help on what to look for?

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx
Assuming you have the deck height adjustment knob at 0 to 1, and the 3pt speed control opened so it goes down easily, I recommend the following. Once you get the deck all the way down, pull the link pins to unhook from deck. Then push the linkage up with your hand. The linkage should be easy to push up to the top position, and it should fall back down with no friction when the 3pt is in the down position. If it doesn’t, maybe you have something bent or something that needs lubed. Doing this by hand I think will be easier find where it’s binding. If this isn’t the problem then look to the 3pt itself. When it’s down, you should also be able to freely lift the hitch up and down by hand, obviously with the MMM disconnected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PNWBXer

Equipment
BX2380
Feb 24, 2020
Washington
I took my BH off this week to get the 23S set up for mowing. I planned to take the bucket off the FEL to cut the grass and when I went to lower/drop the mower deck to the grass cutting height and I could not get the MMM to go down.

I went thru the tractor manual and the MMM manual.. no help... Called my favorite dealer.... told me to put some force to it the adjustment dial... LOL.. I can add some force but I know when its working right it turns easy. I didn't add the pipe wrench and 6 foot extension…

So, I lifted the tractor with the FEL and raised an lowered the 3 point hitch 3 or 4 times... the mower deck came free. After cutting the grass, I put the MMM back to the top position and its now stuck again.. It has to be catching on something. Anyone else seen this issue with the MMM?

I may get out to the garage today and lift it up to see if I can see what's going on.. but any help on what to look for?
is it hanging up on the stopper? Stopper2.jpg

Stopper.jpg

adjustment bolt.jpg

might have to adjust that.

luc.who

Sep 1, 2018
Lewisberry PA
Thanks guys. I was not able to see anything obvious. But it is consistent. When it releases it does seem like the front end goes up a bit more.

I’ll look for that adjustment. Is it on the right side looking from rear?

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx
I’m not seeing anything wrong in the pics. The pin in the first pic is the one i was taking about when I said, pull it to unhook the linkage from the deck, on both sides, .then lift the linkage up from the deck to see what’s hanging it, once it clears the MMM mount it’s connected too.

The deck height adjustment is the knob on a shaft the goes down vertically through the floor in front of the seat. That can definitely make the deck stay in the up position. The deck needs to be all the way up to turn it to all positions, the lower the deck to the number you selected.

The 3pt drop rate adjustment is the knob on a horizontal shaft in front of the seat that goes through the floor to the back. , for a faster drop loosen it, if it’s closed, all the way tight, that will make the deck stay up too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gasman

Equipment
2380 loader ,blade
Sep 16, 2011
delawere us
Mine had some painting or it needed a little adjustment I said something to dealer when they had to adjust the deck and they took care of I had to put deck down and push down on side of deck that sticks out and it would drop originality

Tchess450

Equipment
BX23S with 60inch deck. implements, blade, forks, spreader, and more.
Jun 18, 2018
Pa
I have the same problem every spring. Comes down about a inch and just stops. I just lube it and put the deck on and work it up and down a few times and that always frees it. I would like to find the true issue oh. Also happens if my deck is off for any period of time. I am guessing the linkage just binds a little, but I don’t know where at.

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx
I have the same problem every spring. Comes down about a inch and just stops. I just lube it and put the deck on and work it up and down a few times and that always frees it. I would like to find the true issue oh. Also happens if my deck is off for any period of time. I am guessing the linkage just binds a little, but I don’t know where at.

That’s odd to me, I’ve never heard anyone report sticky MMM linkage before, now multiple reports.

Mine has always freely moved up by hand and falls back down with gravity. 10 years old

IMG_3648.jpg