bx23s glow relay?

mandersen

New member

Equipment
BX23s
Feb 5, 2022
1
0
1
Seattle, WA
my 2017 bx23s just started having issues starting. The glow plugs are good and if I manually supply power to them it starts right up. I am going to pull the dash apart next, but trying to track down if this model has a relay or does the preheat spot on the ignition power the glow plugs directly? If it does have a relay anyone know the part number? I am assuming it will be behind the dash as that is where it exists on other models I have found reference to?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matthew
 

Roadworthy

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
1,647
530
113
Benton City, WA
It will be more than a relay, I expect it to be some type of controller. It will reduce the twelve volt supply voltage to about 10.5. They will not be powered directly by the ignition switch - they'd burn it out as each plug draws about ten amps.
 

GreensvilleJay

Well-known member

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,
Apr 2, 2019
13,885
6,323
113
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
according to the fuzzy wiring diagram, yes there is a glow plug relay which only power ONE glowplug !
does the glowplug light come on the dash ?
again, weird wiring...shows fuse for JUST the light not the relay, crazy....
hopefully it'll be pretty obvious where the relay is, should have 2 big wires(power for glowplug(s) and 2 small wires(rly control)
NO 'controller ' to reduce voltage to plugs,according to the fuzzy diagram.

yeah, diagram LIES.. there ARE 3 glowplugs not just 1 as the diagram says...
 
Last edited: