BX23S 12v accessory plug live?

SeaPro

Equipment
BX23S
May 4, 2024
Canada
I'm about to take delivery of a new BX23S and I would like to set it up for a battery tender.

I'm wondering if the 12v accessory plug left of the seat is directly wired to the battery, or is it wired to the ignition?

If it's live to the battery, I'm kind of in favor of using that to tend the battery opposed to an sae connector wired to battery. (See attached).

I don't have an issue wiring a traditional sae connector to the battery, but I'd be keen to see if the 12v accessory would work.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Ask your dealer.

But, direct to battery terminals will supply more efficient power than a cigarette plug everytime.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
It's keyed ! Key on..power's there, key off, no electrons.
I have a Garmin GPS plugged in there...it's my onboard clock.

Kubota does have live power on a 'bullet' connector, blue taped, top left of top link area.

Reactions: 1 user

SeaPro

Equipment
BX23S
May 4, 2024
Canada
It's keyed ! Key on..power's there, key off, no electrons.
I have a Garmin GPS plugged in there...it's my onboard clock.

Kubota does have live power on a 'bullet' connector, blue taped, top left of top link area.
Thank you very much, I appreciate the info! Looks like I'll wire an sae connector to the battery.

I'm considering wiring up a 220w switched led work light on the rops to that blue taped wire you mentioned. I believe its a 20A fuse. Should make the wiring a little bit more tidy.

Thanks again!