BX2380 with R4 tires?

pgmrdan

Aug 16, 2017
USA
Is a BX2380 with R4 tires an odd/rare combination? It's taking the dealership a while to get one.

I thought this combination would be almost as popular as the BX2380 with turf tires.

Is there any problem having R4 tires on this tractor?

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
I would think its a popular combo just as turf tires. I opted for R4s and glad I did. If you have plans for alot of dirt working then thats the ticket otherwise just primarily mowing then turfs would be the way to go. This is my backup mower otherwise all utility.

pgmrdan

Aug 16, 2017
USA
We've had our ZTR for about 11 years so the BX will take that job when the ZTR bites the dust. But until then the BX will have plenty to do with landscaping chores and odds-and-ends.

I thought the R4 tires would be a natural for snow removal and using a box blade on a gravel driveway.

Kmanbota

May 26, 2017
Central, NY
We've had our ZTR for about 11 years so the BX will take that job when the ZTR bites the dust. But until then the BX will have plenty to do with landscaping chores and odds-and-ends.

I thought the R4 tires would be a natural for snow removal and using a box blade on a gravel driveway.

I have the R4 tires on mine as well, but my father opted for the turf tires on his.

The way it was explained to me is that there is more surface contact with turf tires, making them more ideal for snow removal when not using chains. Turf tires are ideal on flat or low slope driveways, especially if you don't want to use chains.
My driveway is steeper so I will be installing chains on mine with the R4s, just to get added traction

Just my $.02, but this winter will be the proof!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I got R4's on my 60 and unless you try to drift it you wont tear up the grass

Tractor Dell

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 13, 2017
Central PA
Is a BX2380 with R4 tires an odd/rare combination? It's taking the dealership a while to get one.

I thought this combination would be almost as popular as the BX2380 with turf tires.

Is there any problem having R4 tires on this tractor?
At the dealership I got mine, almost all of the 80 series had R4 tires. I only noticed a few with turfs on them.

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
Around here (Central Ohio) it is also rare to see a BX with turf tires.

I think a simple rule would apply to tire selection -

In what capacity will the majority of your hours come from?
Turf work = turf tires
Anything else = R4's

As others have mentioned, if the turf isn't soft/wet, and you're careful (no 4x4), the R4's on a BX will not tear up turf. If i were ~50% or less for turf work, I would go R4, 60% and up for turf work, go with turf tires. That 10% gray area is a pick-em.

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
R4s on my 2380. 99% of my work is on turf and I don't tear it up. Hell, you can tear up turf with slicks on a go cart. It depends on how you use your machine. If you think it's a go cart, it doesn't matter what kind of tires you have on it because it's gonna tear it up.