Bx2380 rear remote

hoening

Equipment
BX23S w/FEL,BH,& Snowblower, York Rake, Box Scraper
Jan 2, 2011
Cary, IL
This looks to be very simple to do. I might try to do the female as a hard line to fit the existing position and a hose with the male to be able to plug it in if the backhoe is off. Just a question on the tank return from the backhoe. would I still have to make the fitting to go into the trans dip stick hole?

View attachment 93998
Sorry - Looking at your picture I see you show one connection being the return. That being the case what do I do with the PB connection for the backhoe?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
This looks to be very simple to do. I might try to do the female as a hard line to fit the existing position and a hose with the male to be able to plug it in if the backhoe is off. Just a question on the tank return from the backhoe. would I still have to make the fitting to go into the trans dip stick hole?

View attachment 93998
Yes. Tank returns are the most difficult part. Where are you going to run the tank return for the loader valve?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Sorry - Looking at your picture I see you show one connection being the return. That being the case what do I do with the PB connection for the backhoe?
No - that is power beyond back to the tractor. Ypu do have a BT603 hoe do you not? It should have three hoses - pressur IN power beyond return, and tank return.

Dan

hoening

Equipment
Jan 2, 2011
Cary, IL
No - that is power beyond back to the tractor. Ypu do have a BT603 hoe do you not? It should have three hoses - pressur IN power beyond return, and tank return.

Dan
Dan,
Yes it is the BT603 with three lines. Just to clarify when you say the tank line from the loader your talking about the backhoe not the FEL? I plan to make a plastic plug to replace the existing transmission dip stick. The design would incorporate a small dip stick as well as a spot to connect the tank line.

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Dan,
Yes it is the BT603 with three lines. Just to clarify when you say the tank line from the loader your talking about the backhoe not the FEL? I plan to make a plastic plug to replace the existing transmission dip stick. The design would incorporate a small dip stick as well as a spot to connect the tank line.
No - I mean FEL. I am at a disadvantage not having the tractor to look at but the parts diagram for the FEL valve shows the tank return going to what looks like the the same port on the side of the tractor as the backhoe. Your new remote is going to mount directly to that port. Where are the FEL tank return and backhoe tank return going to go? I assumed both would be going to your filler cap.

Dan

1673736491230.png

hoening

Equipment
Jan 2, 2011
Cary, IL
Dan,
You've been a tremendous help! I had taken this picture a few trips ago to the cabin and marked it up with the info you supplied on the FEL and Rear Remote Kit. So it appears I could put a tee in the FEL Tank Return instead of making a new trans cap.
Kubota Hydraulics (2).jpg

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Dan,
You've been a tremendous help! I had taken this picture a few trips ago to the cabin and marked it up with the info you supplied on the FEL and Rear Remote Kit. So it appears I could put a tee in the FEL Tank Return instead of making a new trans cap.
View attachment 94023
Thats helpful - clears up my confusion on how the basic loader backhoe combination was plumbed.

So yes - just put a tee in the loader return and use that for the hoe. Not a lot of real estate in there once the aux valve is mounted - easiest might to put the tee right on the FEL valve.

Dan

Last edited:

hoening

Equipment
Jan 2, 2011
Cary, IL
Thats helpful - clears up my confusion on how the basic loader backhoe combination was plumbed.

So yes - just put a tee in the loader return and use that for the hoe. Not a lot of real estate in there once the aux valve is mounted - easiest might to put the tee right on the FEL valve.

Dan
Dan,
Thanks again, your ideas make the whole process much simpler. It'll be a couple months before I can accomplish this but will update when complete.
Joe

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Dan,
Thanks again, your ideas make the whole process much simpler. It'll be a couple months before I can accomplish this but will update when complete.
Joe
You are more than welcome and I will be interested in the outcome.

Dan

Reactions: 1 users

hoening

Equipment
Jan 2, 2011
Cary, IL
Dan,
You are more than welcome and I will be interested in the outcome.

Dan
I had a chance to try to install the rear remote kit on my BX23s. I found out it is not just a problem with routing the hardlines. The valve itself interferes with the additional frame for the backhoe. I would have to notch that frame and box it in with clearance to get it in and then still see about running the lines for the remotes. So that project is on hold and will look to buy a 2 spool that will mount in the back to control trim & tilt plans.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Dan,

I had a chance to try to install the rear remote kit on my BX23s. I found out it is not just a problem with routing the hardlines. The valve itself interferes with the additional frame for the backhoe. I would have to notch that frame and box it in with clearance to get it in and then still see about running the lines for the remotes. So that project is on hold and will look to buy a 2 spool that will mount in the back to control trim & tilt plans.
Yes - had that explained later by someone else in a separate thread. He actually did the modifications. Not for the faint of heart or metal work challenged 🙄

Dan

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
So that project is on hold and will look to buy a 2 spool that will mount in the back to control trim & tilt plans.
Please update us on which valve you decided to use. I would "like to" add top/tilt to mine, although not if it appears as a butchered mess.