BX2380 Loader issue

fransser

Jul 30, 2019
Sedgwick
Hello all. I'm starting to search the forums for answers but I don't really know the questions very well so please bear with me. The front end loader is acting "floppy". I've been moving a dirt pile and noticing that after I dump the load, I'll attempt to back drag to level the dirt and the bucket just flops. If I push the joystick to move the bucket to a more "dump" position, it will firm up. I lowered the bucket to a mid-position and noticed that while I couldn't move the bucket down manually, I could move it up by just lifting it. It seems that one side of the cylinder has air in it but I don't know where the air would be coming in. Can anyone offer a place to start looking.

thanks

David's 4701dt

Equipment
L4701 gear drive /kubota sidekick4m
Dec 27, 2020
Alabama
Hello all. I'm starting to search the forums for answers but I don't really know the questions very well so please bear with me. The front end loader is acting "floppy". I've been moving a dirt pile and noticing that after I dump the load, I'll attempt to back drag to level the dirt and the bucket just flops. If I push the joystick to move the bucket to a more "dump" position, it will firm up. I lowered the bucket to a mid-position and noticed that while I couldn't move the bucket down manually, I could move it up by just lifting it. It seems that one side of the cylinder has air in it but I don't know where the air would be coming in. Can anyone offer a place to start looking.

thanks

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I was just reading that someone else just posted about their bucket welds or around the outer welds on the bucket are breaking lose. Around where the hydraulic cylinder attaches.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Check for mechanical issues as noted above. Check quick coupler connections, particularly if you’ve had any off recently. I’ve had problems with mine a couple of times and although the quick couplers “looked” right, unhooking them and hooking them back up resolved the issues.

If no mechanical issues and all quick couplers attached correctly, it does sound like you have air in the system.

Check fluid level. Check for leaks (which can also allow air into the system). If you’ve done anything recent that could have introduced air to the system (such as adding or changing a line or cylinder) the quick dump function will generally purge the air from the curl cylinders and float function will generally purge the air from the boom cylinders.

STS

Equipment
BX2660,BX 25d-1, KXO18-4
Jan 14, 2017
Ashburnham Ma. usa
I was told a year ago by service Manager, the floppy bucket, ( BX 2680) by design in the loader valve. I decided to live with it.

Reactions: 1 user

fransser

Jul 30, 2019
Sedgwick
Check for mechanical issues as noted above. Check quick coupler connections, particularly if you’ve had any off recently. I’ve had problems with mine a couple of times and although the quick couplers “looked” right, unhooking them and hooking them back up resolved the issues.

If no mechanical issues and all quick couplers attached correctly, it does sound like you have air in the system.

Check fluid level. Check for leaks (which can also allow air into the system). If you’ve done anything recent that could have introduced air to the system (such as adding or changing a line or cylinder) the quick dump function will generally purge the air from the curl cylinders and float function will generally purge the air from the boom cylinders.
I'm familiar with the float function. What is the quick dump? Thanks

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I think it’s a function for a quick dump and I was not sure if the BX even had it. If you hold your joy stick for curl down and push it a little further it’s almost like the float system. I seen a YouTube where someone was not able to lift there front end off the ground and they used it as mentioned and it raised it easily, more pressure supposedly.

I was confused why they couldn’t raise the front end up in the first place though..

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Quick dump sounds to me like messy undies.......... :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I'm familiar with the float function. What is the quick dump? Thanks
I’m not 100% guaranteeing your loader has it. With my LA765 you push the joystick right (away from you) to dump. If you push it far enough right it goes past a detent and goes into a free fall dump.

Pretty much same as the float function on the loader arms.

Don’t know that I’ve ever found a use for it other than purging a little air after replacing a blown hose.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
At my age I do that air thing all the time.....

Reactions: 1 user