BX2380 leaking at loader quick disconnect.

XJman

Apr 12, 2020
US
Today i noticed that the quick disconnect for the loader is leaking. I didn't catch it until i was off the tractor looking at it, but it's leaking down the floor and rubber cover by the forward pedal.

I cleaned everything after i mowed yesterday and am sure it was dry. I've had the front loader on and off multiple times and I've not seen this any previous time.

Today I really wasn't doing much besides scraping up some weeds and toting dirt and some brush around. I don't think i overloaded it and I wasn't running the engine flat out but about 2500rpm.

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
I would hesitate to call this a "common" problem, but there are multiple reports of leaking quick-tach couplers on the BX. If it's still under warranty, this is the time to address it. Several have mentioned KB's unwillingness to repair after warranty, even tho it's a somewhat known issue.

In general, when doing a FEL R&R, ensure everything is clean upon reassembly, wipe mating surfaces with a light lubricant, and ensure everything is properly aligned before locking down.

I love the quick-tach system, but you do need to be clean & careful with the coupler when doing R&R, IMO.

XJman

Apr 12, 2020
US
I cleaned everything up already and do after any use. I'll give kubota a call though.

flogler

Equipment
2017 BX23s
Dec 18, 2019
Debary, FL. USA
After my incident of not releasing safety button, even with new button, when under load quick release still comes loose. I ended up drilling two holes in handle and mounted 1/2inch angle iron to it and tie wrapped other end to the silver bracket by hood. This prevents handle from moving and thus no more leaks. Yes, it means 2 more minutes to disconnect FEL but I am never in a hurry to disconnect that unit that I can't wait a few minutes. Also, I can easily replace handle at a reasonable price if need be.

Last edited: