BX2380 in Current Market

YNot

Mar 6, 2022
Pa
Hello, I am looking to purchase a BX2380 with R14 and 60 inch mmm.

I have reached out to a few local dealers and the best price with 0% financing I am seeing is 15,300 plus tax. This seems a little high but admittedly inventory on these is not exactly plentiful it seems.

YNot

Mar 6, 2022
Pa
how much grass will you be cutting ?
I assume the BX2380 has NO loader ?
I have a couple acres but there are several hills and some swampy ground where 4wd would be useful. I already have a Gravely zero turn but it is pretty helpless on the hills and in the softer spots. I plan to keep it for the other areas as it is much faster in my opinion.

I am really in the market for a diesel 4wd tractor with a mower and for occasional 3 point hitch usage. It seems like the BX could be a good fit, but expensive. I have 50 HP tractor loader backhoe so this will likely never see a loader.

The used market prices have pushed me to strongly consider new.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I'd be putting different tires on the zeroturn cause 18K for a 'grass cutter' is waaaay tooooo much for me !

Reactions: 1 users

YNot

Mar 6, 2022
Pa
I'd be putting different tires on the zeroturn cause 18K for a 'grass cutter' is waaaay tooooo much for me !
Oh I have thought about it. I am kinda stuck it's an early ZT HD 52 and has wrap around fenders with little clearance for anything different. I tried one set and they were 1/2" away from the fenders and hit the rear mower mount. Chains are also out of the question.

I have considered dumping the TLB and replacing with one machine to do it all, but know I will be disappointed in a smaller machine. I started this to get others input for sure. 🙂

Last edited:

Papadiver

Equipment
BX2380 FEL, MMM, 3rd Valve, Grapple
Feb 10, 2019
WV
I bought a BX2380 in 4/2019 with a mmm, loader w/quick connect bucket and 3rd valve for a grapple. I have 250hrs on it. I also have a larger 4WD tractor with loader. With the BX I mow banks and inclines with it. The only regret is I should have done it a few years earlier. And having the extra loader is well worth it. If I told you what I paid for mine it would only depress you! Prices and inventory are crazy right now and I don’t think it will change much in the foreseeable future.

Ron

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
'One' machine can NEVER ever 'do it all'. No such animal exists. There's no easy,proper way you can cut grass with a BX23S when the loader and BH are on it...
If you can't remove the fenders, trade the ZT in on another that will do the grass cutting,just grass cutting.
I've got a 20 year old Cub Cadet,54" rider that's done 4 acres with LOTS of hilly spots in that time. Gets new blades every 4-5 years, depending on how many roots it 'finds'.

YNot

Mar 6, 2022
Pa
I bought a BX2380 in 4/2019 with a mmm, loader w/quick connect bucket and 3rd valve for a grapple. I have 250hrs on it. I also have a larger 4WD tractor with loader. With the BX I mow banks and inclines with it. The only regret is I should have done it a few years earlier. And having the extra loader is well worth it. If I told you what I paid for mine it would only depress you! Prices and inventory are crazy right now and I don’t think it will change much in the foreseeable future.

Ron
Yeah the market is crazy. They are getting 12-13k for a similar machine that is 6 years old with 1000 hours on it. That is what's pushing me towards new.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I have a couple acres but there are several hills and some swampy ground where 4wd would be useful. I already have a Gravely zero turn but it is pretty helpless on the hills and in the softer spots. I plan to keep it for the other areas as it is much faster in my opinion.

I am really in the market for a diesel 4wd tractor with a mower and for occasional 3 point hitch usage. It seems like the BX could be a good fit, but expensive. I have 50 HP tractor loader backhoe so this will likely never see a loader.

The used market prices have pushed me to strongly consider new.
You will rue the day, if you "dump" your TLB!

YNot

Mar 6, 2022
Pa
'One' machine can NEVER ever 'do it all'. No such animal exists. There's no easy,proper way you can cut grass with a BX23S when the loader and BH are on it...
If you can't remove the fenders, trade the ZT in on another that will do the grass cutting,just grass cutting.
I've got a 20 year old Cub Cadet,54" rider that's done 4 acres with LOTS of hilly spots in that time. Gets new blades every 4-5 years, depending on how many roots it 'finds'.
I agree that's why I mentioned I know it will be disappointing. I was looking for an older Cub or the like but 4wd is something I am somewhat hung up on. Like the scut market that one is inflated also. To get into something new with 4x4 you are 3/4 the way to a full scut like a BX.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada

I have reached out to a few local dealers and the best price with 0% financing I am seeing is 15,300 plus tax. This seems a little high but admittedly inventory on these is not exactly plentiful it seems.
So, are you complaining?

I read your post last night and was going to give you a super sarcastic kneejerk reply, but reread today and not sure if you're just a troll or somehow expect one of us to give you a magic password to make the price better.

Isn't the price, the price?

That being said....if I am totally wrong about you, it is what it is....it wasn't much of a post. (no/little context)

I love my BX2380, but the TG1860 is a much better mower (both have 54" cutting decks) as the suspension is really good.

YNot

Mar 6, 2022
Pa
So, are you complaining?

I read your post last night and was going to give you a super sarcastic kneejerk reply, but reread today and not sure if you're just a troll or somehow expect one of us to give you a magic password to make the price better.

Isn't the price, the price?

That being said....if I am totally wrong about you, it is what it is....it wasn't much of a post. (no/little context)

I love my BX2380, but the TG1860 is a much better mower (both have 54" cutting decks) as the suspension is really good.
Wow. What a welcome, thanks.

No I am not a troll, I was simply asking for input about what other are seeing in the market. What sort of purpose would me coming here to "troll" about supply shortages and prices serve? Maybe you need your morning coffee?

If you would have read my subsequent posts there is maybe enough back story for you?

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Wow. What a welcome, thanks.

No I am not a troll, I was simply asking for input about what other are seeing in the market. What sort of purpose would me coming here to "troll" about supply shortages and prices? Maybe you need your morning coffee?

Thanks for the lack of input. If you would have read my subsequent posts there is maybe enough back store for you?
I gave you input.
I said:
- there was not much context in your post.
-you complained about the price (not sure what we can do about that, sorry)
-I told you I loved my BX2380
-I told you the TG1860 was a better mower.(and why)

Further input:
If you expect better answers, please use more words. (longer post, more context)

I am sorry you're offended, but pleased you're apparently not a troll.

YNot

Mar 6, 2022
Pa
I gave you input.
I said:
- there was not much context in your post.
-you complained about the price (not sure what we can do about that, sorry)
-I told you I loved my BX2380
-I told you the TG1860 was a better mower.(and why)

Further input:
If you expect better answers, please use more words. (longer post, more context)

I am sorry you're offended, but pleased you're apparently not a troll.
No I am not offended. Just a little surprised to have you view my post in that manner. I am also in need of my morning coffee. But, I assure you I am not a troll. I am here to get advice and learn what all the great folks here already might know. Also, yes thanks for the input you did provide. I have considered something smaller than a full SCUT like a BX but pricing is so close most of the time I am not sure.

Once again, the price is what it is. I was curious how others are doing with them in this crazy market.

I am not new to equipment or tractors, but new to SCUT and Kubota.

Last edited:

schaffer

Equipment
BX
Mar 7, 2022
USA
Best I could do on a new 2380 was just over 20k otd with 0 %. I got the 60 inch MMM and FEL with a tire fill. Local dealer had one 2380 that was available. They had several BX23x's however.

Last edited:

YNot

Mar 6, 2022
Pa
Best I could do on a new 2380 was just over 20k otd with 0 %. I got the 60 inch MMM and FEL with a tire fill. Local dealer had one 2380 that was available. They had several BX23x's however.
Thanks. That seems fairly close to what I am seeing then. Based on current events I can't see the supply and pricing getting better anytime soon. This local dealer has 3 of the 2380s, but one is spoken for. I have to move quick if I want one of the remaining two probably.

How are you liking it so far?

schaffer

Equipment
BX
Mar 7, 2022
USA
Thanks. That seems fairly close to what I am seeing then. Based on current events I can't see the supply and pricing getting better anytime soon. This local dealer has 3 of the 2380s, but one is spoken for. I have to move quick if I want one of the remaining two probably.

How are you liking it so far?

I'm still waiting to on delivery. The two closest dealers are the same company. One location had the tractor and the other has the loader. Loader needs installed and will be delivered then, I've only been waiting about a week. Should take delivery within a week.

I was quoted another 4-5k to jump up to a B2601, but they did not have any. The 23x was around 25k. I looked at a JD 1025r and a comparable LS(122,125) at 23.5k and 16.5 respectively. JD would had to order with an untold wait time, LS was ready to go. I felt the Kubota was the best for me based on quality,price,wait time and how I was treated by each dealer.

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia

Hi welcome Ynot. I too am fairly new to the kubota world and I was very confused by the models as the dealer had 0 tractors when I was looking. Here is a site that you can at least see the MSRP for the tractors called build my kubota https://apps.kubotausa.com/configurator/BuildMyKubota.aspx?pgId=1&bmId=1195&sId=123 that should at least let you see if you are paying a premium I am not sure of exactly what you are looking at but a bx2380 w mmm and r14 looks like msrp of $16259

Last edited:

YNot

Mar 6, 2022
Pa
Yeah I stumbled over the configuration tool a few days ago. It's useful to get a ballpark. Thanks for mentioning it again though.

Does that MSRP include delivery and setup or would that be on top of that number? I have seen it mentioned both ways.

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
I do not know. When I bought my tractor there was no charge I bought a b2301 ordered in December and it came in and was delivered in January. I did a package deal and got a much better price than the build your own site but I think it was because I bundled the bh loader grapple chains the dealer threw in the loaded tires and block heater also cash helped as the cash quote dropped the administration fee that was added to the finance quote. This is in Canada.