BX2380 G3> Seat Questions. Should I upgrade?

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I have a bad back. My Deere x739's seat was rough to tolerate. I purchased an Air Wedge Bag and could adjust it. It was cheap and effective.

How is the BX2380 G3 seat suspension?

Last edited:

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Didn't know there was a gen 3 BX2380?

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Based on well versed videos by Ai2 Products the 2023 BX models are referenced as being Gen3.

I'm new coming in-to Kubota, so (shrug)

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Why don't you get some seat time in, then decide?

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Why don't you get some seat time in, then decide?
At this time thats what I'll be doing. My salesman said the current seat is/was the deluxe seat, so I left it at that.

Reactions: 1 user

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Go out and look at your seat and tell us what you see.

(I already know the answer)

o_O
I don't have it yet, S/A. It's at the dealership, 70 miles away, ROFL

ve9aa

Equipment
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I get it....you're anxious. :rolleyes:

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I get it....you're anxious. :rolleyes:
Not at all. I played Hurry Up And Wait in the Army. Since Covid, every facet of the entire industry is so.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I'd guess you'll want to replace it, depending on how fast you intend to mow. But there's no particular hurry, and you'll want to research what to replace it with.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I'd guess you'll want to replace it, depending on how fast you intend to mow. But there's no particular hurry, and you'll want to research what to replace it with.
Right. I'm researching like I want to spend 1k+ on a whim. Only as a last resort!

Sort of ironic. @ve9aa giving me heckles, who was previously with the same concern. *sigh* 😶

ve9aa

Equipment
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Right. I'm researching like I want to spend 1k+ on a whim. Only as a last resort!

Sort of ironic. @ve9aa giving me heckles, who was previously with the same concern. *sigh* 😶
poking a little fun (*); not "heckling". No mean spirit involved whatsoever. (hard to come across with simple words on the Internet)_

Seems like you've done some searching (so you may have already read the following) but I mostly solved my "rough ride" when mowing by running "slightly" lower tire pressure (except when doing loader work...then I run the max!)
and
Putting a seat cushion on my seat (any cheap seat cushion like you'd buy for your car) and then adding a very large sized "thigh blood pressure cuff" (bladder only) from a blood pressure cuff. Sucker must be closing in on 1 square foot.
Takes very little air pressure for you to almost be "sitting on a beach ball". I generally take it off in the winter when snowblowing (my driveway is pretty bumpless (*is bumpless a word?) and sometimes even for loader work, but anytime I mow or know I'll be crossing the yard multiple times I am sure to have the cushion on the seat. It helps keep my aging vertebrae & kidneys protected.

(*) You ask a lot of questions; some theoretical and you don;t have your tractor yet. That's why....and yes, I likely asked one or two before I had mine too and took some good natured ribbing back in the day. LOL Don't take it to heart. If I am able to contribute with any useful BX knowledge, I certainly will.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
poking a little fun (*); not "heckling". No mean spirit involved whatsoever. (hard to come across with simple words on the Internet)_

Seems like you've done some searching (so you may have already read the following) but I mostly solved my "rough ride" when mowing by running "slightly" lower tire pressure (except when doing loader work...then I run the max!)
and
Putting a seat cushion on my seat (any cheap seat cushion like you'd buy for your car) and then adding a very large sized "thigh blood pressure cuff" (bladder only) from a blood pressure cuff. Sucker must be closing in on 1 square foot.
Takes very little air pressure for you to almost be "sitting on a beach ball". I generally take it off in the winter when snowblowing (my driveway is pretty bumpless (*is bumpless a word?) and sometimes even for loader work, but anytime I mow or know I'll be crossing the yard multiple times I am sure to have the cushion on the seat. It helps keep my aging vertebrae & kidneys protected.

(*) You ask a lot of questions; some theoretical and you don;t have your tractor yet. That's why....and yes, I likely asked one or two before I had mine too and took some good natured ribbing back in the day. LOL Don't take it to heart. If I am able to contribute with any useful BX knowledge, I certainly will.
I DO ask a LOT of questions, and know how to do a LOT. I learned most of what I know from the Old Timers, those who liked to share and teach, to those who willfully listened. Don't get me wrong, I can handle a poke, a joke and a dragging through the mud. I'm not new to the internet, or too lazy to search for myself, or do for myself. For that matter, I've been doing a lot of digging and reading here. There's Gold in past topics too!!

Yes I'm new here. I'm not new to things mechanical persay. I'm coming (moving up) from a Garden Tractor, where I adapted older Cat0, Cat1 Limited, and other Cat1 bits and pieces to work on the modern. I'll say I mastered the short-comings.

Now, yep, I'm not only moving up from a Garden Tractor, I'm moving from a modern JD x739, to a different brand and into a sub-compact to boot. So in theory (mine anyway) I'm venturing into completely new territory all the way round. And this is before joining any Kubota related support forums.

With anything, questions and concerns become repetitive. That gets old, and I completely understand why.

I notice I have been asking a lot of questions. Those who want to share, will, most move on. I can also help others with solutions to issues as well.

I'll get settled in around here, then I'll really be a thorn in the heel 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

leveraddict

Equipment
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
So what changes were made to the gen 3 kubota 2380 which I still cant find a reference to? I have the original model from 2017. Next came the 2380-1 that had a new brush guard. Now theres a gen 3??? What changes have been made to this new model? Please explain.

leveraddict

Equipment
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Based on well versed videos by Ai2 Products the 2023 BX models are referenced as being Gen3.

I'm new coming in-to Kubota, so (shrug)
Ahh I see they are calling it a gen 3 BX model not a gen 3 2380 model.

Reactions: 1 user