Bx2380 and tractor supply post hole digger

Rykertest

Nov 29, 2020
Hello everyone. I’m looking for a post hole digger for my 2019 BX2380. I wonder If anyone here has used the CountyLine 602377 3-Point Post Hole Digger From Tractor Supply? I know there are a few other options but they’re a lot more expensive so figured I’d see if it’ll work. Thanks for the feedback.

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
You can look at the Country Pro as well ( YTL-019-033 ). Its a little cheaper along with the augers. Its actually made by YTL in the USA.

I plan on buying one in the spring along with a 6" auger.

Reactions: 1 user

Rykertest

Nov 29, 2020
You can look at the Country Pro as well ( YTL-019-033 ). Its a little cheaper along with the augers. Its actually made by YTL in the USA.

hi, thanks for the reply. I looked that one up and it’s $30 more expensive than the one I linked.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
It would be great if those using a PHD on a BX could give some input on how well it works for them.

I am fortunate to have a BX and a B series. I use my PHD on my B2910, which has a foot clutch, which I find extremely useful with the PHD. So much so that I would probably not enjoy using a PHD on a BX.

Might be very helpful/informative for the OP if BX users or PHDs could report on their satisfaction.

Also, something to keep in mind. At least in my case, the limited lift of the BX 3PH would be an issue with the PHD I have. So it looks like a PHD for a BX needs to be on the smaller size as far as vertical height goes...

Just a couple thoughts that I hope might be useful...

Reactions: 1 users

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
hi, thanks for the reply. I looked that one up and it’s $30 more expensive than the one I linked.
Thats weird. By me the YTL is actually $20 cheaper than the one you show. The bits for the YTL are also about $40 cheaper and only 3' long, not the usual 4'. Guess it depends on where you live.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
In reading this thread Henro mentioned the limited lift of the BX 3ph, something I know nothing about but. . . When I had my L3400 I picked up a pretty beat, no name, phd to drill just over 100 holes in the root and rock infested woods. On top of that it was on a grade with plenty of obstacles (trees). I ended up having a 1' extension made for the auger. I was drilling 'honest' 3' + holes and without that extension it wouldn't have been possible. Lift was just enough.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas

It is not made in the USA. It is imported as well...(look at the detailed description) and the reason it’s cheaper is because it does not include the stands or the control-handle. Otherwise, it’s red instead of yellow.

I have the County-Line model the OP asked about and have used it on my M4700 to drill a number of 12” holes 3-4’ deep in combination clay/rock and it did very well. (We were cementing-in 4” steel posts for a shed and also planted 10 guava trees deep.) Don’t forget to put gear oil in the unit... it comes “dry”. TSC should provide the gear oil without charge. (At least my local TSC did.)
These occasionally go on-sale for $100 less. (That’s when I bought one.)

Before you operate a PHD be sure to watch a number of videos.... these things are dangerous and can kill you.

Last edited:

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
In reading this thread Henro mentioned the limited lift of the BX 3ph, something I know nothing about but. . .
The BX is a pretty small tractor and does not have a lot of lift on the 3PH. For example, on my BX2200 I could not lift my 6' landscape rake enough to swing it around. End hit the ground.

I was able to drill new holes higher in the lift rod forked ends, to increase the 3PH lift enough to swing the rake. Simple enough to do.

Still, I doubt I could use my PHD on the BX. Have never tried it, as the B2910 is more suited for it, especially with T and T, so I can slant the PHD if sitting on a slope, at a cross angle.

I believe I read in the past that PHDs for use on BXs are available, that have shorter vertical height. Never paid much attention, as no need at my end.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I had a 4 wheel 3 point hay rake that was Cat1. At the time I was using a MF1528 that could not lift the rake high enough to use it correctly. I simply welded an extension and added two new pins below the factory pins so the tractor could lift it high enough to use. Also a small gain in height could be obtained by adding a quick hitch. It would in make the arms 3 or 4 inches longer thus the working end of the post hole digger would go higher. Just make sure the pto shaft is long enough to reach the new longer distance.

Last edited:

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
The Land Pride PD10 uses 30" augers, probably due to the reduced lift height of the BX tractors. The County Pro has 3' augers and the Countyline has 4' augers. I don't know if the shorter augers will fit the Countyline. That is one reason I like the County Pro the shorter augers. Everything attachments Landshark also has 36" augers.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I got the factory PHD when I bought my BX25D as I had lots of fence work to accomplish. I got the 9” auger (around) but it is only 30” deep. It would handle a 36” at least, but I’ve done lots of fences, 6x6 posts, and planted hundreds of trees with it.
Pay attention! It could get away from you!
DAD17394-DFEF-490F-AC84-53CF955B598D.png

Gkent

Equipment
Bx2370
Feb 12, 2021
Horseheads, NY
I used the phd from tractor supply on my bx2370. The only thing I had to do was cut a notch in the digger so it would lift higher.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I was just looking at the PHD as it sits. I could make a piece of extension pipe with flanges and make the Auger go another foot deeper. Might be a new project

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I used the phd from tractor supply on my bx2370. The only thing I had to do was cut a notch in the digger so it would lift higher.
Time flies by...late question: I do not understand what "cut a notch in the digger so it would lift higher" is referring to.

To satisfy my curiosity, could you explain further?

Johnhh

Equipment
BX25D
Feb 5, 2021
New Lenox, IL
Has anyone tried using a Land Pride PD15 on a BX25D?

Land Pride says it will hit at the top (probably the bracket for the rop) but will it still work, just restricted lift height?