BX2380 50 Hour, Lessons Learned

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
With the tire valve at the 12 o'clock position. I would also like to point out that filled tires will sometimes spin on the rim when the tire pressure is low, so I keep mine at 30 PSI. Another thing to consider is that the rubber tire valve stems that the tractors come from the factory with will deteriorate with age, and if at any time you are going to have the "filled" tires off of the car, you should consider changing the valve stems to metal stems.
I borrowed a tire bead breaker from a neighbor and with the tire and rim flat on the ground, stem pointed up, I was able to break the bead and push the tire down enough to get the metal tire valve into the hole. I just cut the rubber valve off and didn't worry about the part that fell inside the tire. I was more concerned about saving the solution that the dealer-installed. I consider metal valve stem replacement a necessary maintenance item to do early in the life of the tractor, and not having to think about it ever again.
Kinda surprised they didn't install metal valve stems from the get go.

JSL

Equipment
BX2380, FEL, Box Scraper
Apr 19, 2022
Maryland
With the tire valve at the 12 o'clock position. I would also like to point out that filled tires will sometimes spin on the rim when the tire pressure is low, so I keep mine at 30 PSI. Another thing to consider is that the rubber tire valve stems that the tractors come from the factory with will deteriorate with age, and if at any time you are going to have the "filled" tires off of the car, you should consider changing the valve stems to metal stems.
I borrowed a tire bead breaker from a neighbor and with the tire and rim flat on the ground, stem pointed up, I was able to break the bead and push the tire down enough to get the metal tire valve into the hole. I just cut the rubber valve off and didn't worry about the part that fell inside the tire. I was more concerned about saving the solution that the dealer-installed. I consider metal valve stem replacement a necessary maintenance item to do early in the life of the tractor, and not having to think about it ever again.
Thanks--and great suggestion on the metal stems.