BX2370 Tach not working

onetuford

May 21, 2017
wisconsin
My tach quit. All the plugs seem to be connected, I wiggled them. Where does the tack get its signal? are there some fuses for the instrument cluster? The fuel gauge and the temp gauge are working. TIA for any help!

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Does your tach sense electronically or is there a mechanical cable running from the engine to the tach? If the latter the cable may need lubed or the actual cable inside the sheath could be broken.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
If it has a distributor or a coil. it's a very unique diesel engine. If it's not cable driven (most are) it will be driven (excited) by a Hall Effect sensor on the crankshaft or camshaft and will be accessible from the outside of the engine, usually on the front timing cover. If it is, the sensor is replaceable.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Your BX gets its tach signal from the alternator, the BLUE wire from a 3 pin connector plugged into the back. It controls RPM and HOURS.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Your BX gets its tach signal from the alternator, the BLUE wire from a 3 pin connector plugged into the back. It controls RPM and HOURS.
If you can put a voltmeter on your battery to see if it makes about 13+ volts after engine-start you’ll know if it’s the alternator or the tach-sense wiring. ;)

onetuford

May 21, 2017
wisconsin
I'm aware my little diesel engine is lacking spark stuff, hence the laughy emoji. Just trying to "inject" a little humor. I appreciate the replies. I'll check all the connectors and such, but in my internet search I found a guy who had the same problem and had to replace the instrument cluster. It seems Kubota didn't seal it up quite good enough, and while I do store it in a shed, it sees plenty of outside action during rain events. I mean, it is a tractor after all! Thanks again for the replies!

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I'm aware my little diesel engine is lacking spark stuff, hence the laughy emoji. Just trying to "inject" a little humor. I appreciate the replies. I'll check all the connectors and such, but in my internet search I found a guy who had the same problem and had to replace the instrument cluster. It seems Kubota didn't seal it up quite good enough, and while I do store it in a shed, it sees plenty of outside action during rain events. I mean, it is a tractor after all! Thanks again for the replies!
See descriptor and diagnostic pages from WSM

Dave

Attachments

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Did you get my PM I sent you?