BX2370 subframe qustion

Carbon Tracker

Equipment
BX2370
Jan 1, 2015
Reading Pa
Hello all, Just took delivery on my new BX2370 with snow blower, and in the subframe manual it says IMPORTANT To avoid damage to the drive kit components, do not raise or lower the snowblower while blowing snow. Always make this operation when the snowblower is not blowing. Are they talking about when you are actually blowing snow or when the blower is running? I have not had a chance to use it yet and don't want to screw anything up. Has anyone with a snow blower raised and lowered theirs with it running?

Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hello all, Just took delivery on my new BX2370 with snow blower, and in the subframe manual it says IMPORTANT To avoid damage to the drive kit components, do not raise or lower the snowblower while blowing snow. Always make this operation when the snowblower is not blowing. Are they talking about when you are actually blowing snow or when the blower is running? I have not had a chance to use it yet and don't want to screw anything up. Has anyone with a snow blower raised and lowered theirs with it running?

Thanks
When your actually blowing snow. ;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That blower lift requirement makes no sense to this mechanical engineer. Can anyone explain?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Yea it's not really that big of an issue, u-joints in the system should be able to handle that little extra force as should the lift cylinders.

I could see it being an issue if he ran it like a neighbor of mine, He rams the snowblower into piles and then tries to pick them up and push them back, (Not the sharpest crayon in the box). :eek:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I think a lot of things written in the book are a product liability thing, not so much your gona tear things up thing..
Common sense has gone BYBY to so many people, that companies have to try to do something to keep from getting sued. I mean why else would they have to emboss on a muffler shield caution HOT, or caution HOT COFFEE on a coffee pot,, see what I mean?