BX2370 mower problems

Oldmansbike

Equipment
BX2370
May 26, 2016
Wever,Iowa
I have a 2016 bx2370 with 60 inch mower. 2 weeks ago I had problems with the pto not staying engaged to the mower deck. I got that fixed and now when you set the cutting height knob it won't stay where you set it. When you raise or lower the deck it will ratchet down to a lower setting. I start out with it on 3 and awhile later I look down and its on 2. Thought I would ask here before I call the dealer. It's probably something simple I'm not doing right.

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
We had a thread about this in the last thirty days or so! The spiral cam on the adjuster has to thick of paint on the steps. The cam has to removed and the paint needs to removed on the steps. Call your dealer and have them take care of it.

We already had a dealer tell the owner that they never heard of this! We usually have one B or BX do this at our dealership a year.

Pat

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
We had a thread about this in the last thirty days or so! The spiral cam on the adjuster has to thick of paint on the steps. The cam has to removed and the paint needs to removed on the steps. Call your dealer and have them take care of it.

We already had a dealer tell the owner that they never heard of this! We usually have one B or BX do this at our dealership a year.

Pat
It amazes me sometimes how a mechanic won't look for foolish and simple causes before diving in and replacing something unnecessarily :rolleyes:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I think the problem Darren is there are no more mechanics ... well for the most part any more,,,, they are all parts changers, My nephew is a good one he understand that you look for the dumbest thing first, and go from there,, He was one of the top mech's at the GM dealer he worked for because of this,, but he quit and goa job working as a mech in the post office,,, now he says life is good,,,lol

Oldmansbike

Equipment
BX2370
May 26, 2016
Wever,Iowa
Called the dealer this morning and he said they have had a few that did this. its usually because the steps on the cam thingy aren't deep enough and it won't stay in place. They came and got it this morning too. I will let the group know what was wrong when I find out.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I think the problem Darren is there are no more mechanics ... well for the most part any more,,,, they are all parts changers, My nephew is a good one he understand that you look for the dumbest thing first, and go from there,, He was one of the top mech's at the GM dealer he worked for because of this,, but he quit and goa job working as a mech in the post office,,, now he says life is good,,,lol
How very true :rolleyes: They become reliant on that code and puter to tell them what's wrong. And if it's an issue before the puter, they are lost.

My favorite story to relate this. My buddy is a ford technician. 20 years ago, this old man came into the dealership with a complaint. His car would make a loud clunk when pulling into his driveway, and at weird times when hitting a bump and going up an incline.

He had taken his car to a different dealership. Put about a grand into the suspension. Still made the noise. Took the car back, and they wanted another $1,400 to replace other components to fix the problem. He told them to pack it, and went to the dealer my buddy worked at. My buddy gave him a ride home in his car to see if he could see what the old man was talking about.

The old man's driveway was steep, and had a small curb at the sidewalk. They went over the curb and up the driveway and heard the clunk :confused: My buddy stopped the car, popped the trunk and found a loose bowling ball rolling around :p:p He removed the bowling ball and set it on the guys lawn. they climbed back in the car and drove around the block and back into the guys driveway. No more clunking when he pulled into the driveway :D

Rolling Stock

Equipment
L4350DT, LA950 loader
Jun 17, 2016
Othello, WA
That's hilarious Darren. I've heard of that too, except with a loose spare tire in the trunk because the hold down wasn't used.

Oldmansbike

Equipment
BX2370
May 26, 2016
Wever,Iowa
Heard from dealer today. Putting new cam with steps on it. Said original one looked like they didn't finish machining it. Will have Tractor back Tuesday. Hope that fixes it.