Bx2370 mid mount mower

Oldmansbike

Equipment
BX2370
May 26, 2016
Wever,Iowa
A month ago I bought a brand new BX2370 with loader and mmm. Today while I was mowing the deck quit spinning. I crawled under it to see what was wrong and couldn't see anything obvious. I grabbed the belt and started spinning it and the shaft was turning. Then I got my grandson on the seat and he started it up and put the pto n gear and the shaft from the tractor was turning so I'm guessing the gear box where both shafts go into is shot. Just had to rant a little. Just made the first payment on it today. Dealer is coming to get it tomorrow.

Oldmansbike

Equipment
BX2370
May 26, 2016
Wever,Iowa
It was something simple. It was the lever that that engages the pto shaft to the deck wasn't all the way back. I was moving dirt last week and it must have caught on something. Thanks

Oldmansbike

Equipment
BX2370
May 26, 2016
Wever,Iowa
I finished mowing this afternoon. When I got done I checked it again. It was starting to come off the pto shaft again. Got to looking closer and there is a locking tab that is supposed to lock the lever in place. It wasn't going into the hole in the lever. It had a little hump in it. I got the grinder out and knocked part of the hump off and now it is locked in place.