Bx2370 box blade question

RJtwins

Equipment
Bx2370
Oct 3, 2015
Westerville, Oh
I have a few acres that I have cleared and I'd like to smooth out the ground and plant some grass. Is a box blade the right implement for the job? Additionally, a friend has a 66" box blade that I can get for a great deal. Is that too big for this little tractor? Thanks to all for your input and experise.

gssixgun

Equipment
L3600, FEL, SnoBlower, Box Blade, Rear Blade, Forks, Cultivator, Plow
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
A 66" box blade on a 1400# tractor seems a little big

There are different categories of Box Blades of course Light vs Med vs Heavy duty..

To give you an idea I an running an L3600 with a med duty SBX 600 60' Box blade weighs in at about 550#

Box blades work awesome ONCE you learn how to adjust them to contact the ground correctly :)

I just used mine this spring to help clear and level about a 1/4 acre we are planning on using for fruit trees..

It went pretty easy once all the "stuff" was out of there

RJtwins

Equipment
Bx2370
Oct 3, 2015
Westerville, Oh
Thanks sixguns. A friend and I picked the blade up today and brought it to my house. It didn't seem to heavy, so I have my fingers crossed that the little bx will handle it. The guy that I'm buying from said he'll sell it to someone else if it doesn't work for me, so I have no risk. I'll let you know how it works out.