BX2360 Radiator R&R options

SDMauler

Equipment
2009 BX2360TV60, RCK60B-23BX
Aug 8, 2014
Parker, SD
Hello:
I have to remove the radiator on my BX2360 in order to clean the fins. After a hydraulic blow-out on one of the seals under the battery box, the rad got sprayed with oil and is picking up dirt. I plan to clean it with a 50/50 mix of Simple green and warm water using a recirculating filtered sprayer system I cobbled together. My questions are:
1. Has anyone removed the radiator WITHOUT removing the engine as an assembly, as shown in the WSM?
2. Can the rad even be removed without removing the engine?
3, Is it worth fiddling with it to remove the rad with the engine still in, or is it just easier to remove the engine with the rad attached? It doesn't look all that difficult in the manual.
4. Anyone know the weight of the engine assembly? It's the D902-E3-BX-2.

Thanks in advance for what I'm sure will be invaluable advice from the most knowledgeable consumer group I've ever seen.

SDMauler

Equipment
2009 BX2360TV60, RCK60B-23BX
Aug 8, 2014
Parker, SD
Okay, to answer some of my own questions, no, you cant get the radiator out without taking the whole engine out. It wasn't that bad, but the WSM left out a few steps, which I will elaborate on when I get time. From start to finish, it took me 8 hours, including the time it took to actually clean the radiator fins. I found it hard to believe the fins could hold that much gunk. I will post pictures when I pass on the missed steps in the WSM.

Thanks

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
The radiator is very simple to remove with the engine in place. Just remove the alternator, remove the 4 bolts holding the shroud and move it forward. Remove the hoses and lift the radiator out. I have personal done it several times, takes about 1.5 to 2 hours to R&R.