BX2360 - First No Start in Exactly 10 years and 1 Month

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Kind of an odd thing in my book.

BX2360 - - exactly 121 months old with 500 hours. Maintenance isn't exemplary, but pretty damn good. All fluids and filters changed regularly. Fuel is treated with biocide and Power Service winter/summer additive. Winter fuel in it now.

Well taken care of.

Started this morning and it ran rough. If it were gas I'd say skipping. Quit after 30 seconds or so.

Hmmm... lift pump has been sounding a little different. Maybe going south causing it to quit, although tank is full to the rim?!?!?

Started again, same result with running rough, but would NOT shut off with key....Pushed Stop Solenoid in to shut off....another Hmm....

Would start and run 3-4 seconds if I stood next to it, but shut off quickly. OPC timer, relay, or a funky Stop Solenoid, etc.?

Could hear the "click" of the Solenoid return back to "run" position after 5-7 seconds, which is normal.

Replaced both fuses for Solenoid and Timer Relay. No change. Fuses tested okay, but changed anyway.

Would start and run fine if I put my big ass in the seat.....

Went to unload some stuff from my truck. Ran great. I grabbed the back of the seat to get back on the tractor, and it quit. Just like turning key...

Dummy, probably seat switch is going bad..supported me for 500 hours, after all. I had a couple power seats in my trucks go bad. Was a known GM issue for folks of "larger stature."

Jumped the seat switch, and all is good.

In my own mind, can't associate the rough running or lack of key response to the seat switch.

Might have a couple issues going on, but it ran fine for nearly an hour after jumping the switch.

Is there a way the bad seat switch could cause the misfire, or the lack of key response I saw earlier?

Electrical stuff is not my strong suit.

Dustyx2

Equipment
BX22, M7060, Landpride RC-2512, Woodmax SB84
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming
I don't see how. Have you changed fuel filters? Checked fuel flow?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I don't see how. Have you changed fuel filters? Checked fuel flow?
Fuel filters have 50-75 hours on them. Look clean with a flashlight (they’re inline translucent plastic ones).

When I jumped seat switch, all issues resolved.

I can’t reconcile no key response or rough running to a seat switch.

It’s run fine for 2 hours since without a hiccup. Go figure….🤔

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Just wanted to close this issue.

While I bypassed the seat switch, I didn’t want to leave it that way.

I pulled the switch from under the seat cushion and tested it. Tested fine as best I can figure. Electrical stuff is not my strong suit

IMG_5858.jpeg

IMG_5856.jpeg

IMG_5857.jpeg

Reinstalled and again a no- go. Must be an issue with the seat cushion getting pushed a little off-center to the pad on the switch.

Cut a piece of cardboard to fit. Placed between cushion and switch as a bushing. Seems to be All good. Mowed for an hour without problems.

IMG_5862.jpeg

I’m still perplexed by the sputtering and lack of key response a couple times, but so far I’m considering this problem solved.

Reactions: 1 users