Bx2350 issue

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
I have a bx2350 with about 1,000 hours on it. It's been a great little machine and has really given me no issues in over 800 hours (I bought it at just under 400). Earlier this summer while mowing it would lose power after mowing for about 30 minutes to an hour. I replaced the filters, which were a year old. They looked good. I get my fuel from a gas station a block up the street. They go through quite a bit of fuel. Still I started adding algae cleaner. Mowed the next few times (takes about 2 1/2 hours to mow) no issues. It's done it twice since. Each time, if I shut it off for 30 seconds, it is good to go. The last time I removed the fuel cap while running to see if a vacuum or vent issue, nothing....SO, My thought is either something in the tank or pump. Thought?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Mike -

Does it seem to occur more when the tank gets lower on fuel?

If so, I would lean toward lift pump. Might be worth checking to make sure it's pushing fuel as needed. They're just a couple PSI to lift to the IP.

Like you said, the BX's do have issues with the tank outlet corroding, or a piece of trash blocking the outlet after they run for a while.

If the lift seems okay, maybe pull the fuel line off the first filter, and just let it run into a clean fuel can to see if it gets interrupted/blocked after running a couple/few gallons out of it.