BX23 3pt linkage?

Charlie Thomas

Equipment
BX-23 FL & BH
Nov 14, 2010
Silver City, NM
Hi
Just bought a BX23 with loader and backhoe. Want to add a box and rear blade, but first I need 3 pt linkage. My dealer is having trouble locating a kit and priced out individual parts at over $500. Yikes. Kit for BX25 is half that.
Anyone have any ideas for other suppliers, used, etc. Great info source here so far. Thanks in advance.

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
When the BX23 was sold new, the 3 pt. linkage came with it as standard equipment. Unlike the BX25 where the 3 pt. is an option. I take it the party you bought the 23 from mis-placed it? It is a lot of piece to mis-place. Is it possible he just forgot to give it to you? I'll do some checking around, but do to it's limited size lift arms, shorter lift rods and special spacers and turn buckles, after market pieces may be hard to come by.

Last edited:

Charlie Thomas

Equipment
BX-23 FL & BH
Nov 14, 2010
Silver City, NM
Yep L4, the guy I bought it from bought it from a plumbing contractor who had 4 BX23s. They looked for the 3pts then and couldn't find any of them. My seller is calling again to see if they turned up. You're right, nothing available aftermarket. I've read that over half of all BX owners never use the 3pt. That's a lot of kits sitting in garages.

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
I went out and took some pics and measurements. Armed with these you should be able to get the same measurements from the seller. From what I can see the lower lift arms are similar in length. (Around 20") You would have to know the length of the vertical lift rods as well. Since his is advertised as a Cat 1 and the BX23 is a limited Cat 1, the vertical lift arms could very well be different lengths. The BX23 is 16" center to center. But that is something you may very well be able to shorten. The hole sizes in the vertical lift arms are 1/2" lower, and 5/8" upper.
The one thing that you will have to consider for sure is the anti-sway turn buckles. On his the are on the outward side and hook to that shaft in the back. Like the majority of other tractors. On the BX23 they are on the inward side and hook to that heavy plate assembly you can see in one of the pics. That plate is important since it also holds the lower lift arms apart on the special rear rod that is necessary for mounting the backhoe. Again, that is something you could probably have fabricated.
Let me know if you need any more specific measurements.

Attachments

Charlie Thomas

Equipment
BX-23 FL & BH
Nov 14, 2010
Silver City, NM
Thanks for the info. Jeez, with all the questions, modifications and fabricating, it might be better just to bite the bullet and part out the linkage with Kubota.

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
Kubota wholegood number for 3 pt kit is bx2506 retails just over $200
I believe that kit is the 3 pt hitch assembly for the BX25 which does not come standard with the tractor. It is my understanding that starting with the BX24, Kubota finally put a full size cat1 hitch on them. Prior to that, starting with the BX22 and continuing with the BX23 there was a limited cat1 hitch on them. So the entire geometry of the 3 pt is larger on the 24 and 25. So I don't think that kit would work very well on a 22 or 23. I would definitely talk this over with your dealer before ordering it. They should be able to tell you what mode of BX's that kit will fit.

Last edited:

Charlie Thomas

Equipment
BX-23 FL & BH
Nov 14, 2010
Silver City, NM
Thanks for the suggestion, Baby. I sent them an inquiry. L4 is correct about the 3 pt hitch assembly being different for the BX22 and 23. I have been told that by several sources, including my dealer.