BX2230 with blower and blade - price opinion

SPARTY

Sep 22, 2016
SE MICH
BX2230 with blower and blade - price opinion $6500

Hi Guys,

Got an opportunity to purchase a 2004 BX2230 with front mounted blade and front mount snowblower with hydraulics, etc.

No MMM (which isn't a big deal as mowers are easier to get than blowers)

865 hours - pretty good shape.

Any opinion on the price? Not sure how much I can dicker.

Also, any opinion on the model? Anything I should be looking for?

Thanks

Last edited:

dandeman

Equipment
BX2230, LA211 FEL, RCK60B Mower, GCK60BX Bagger; Ford 4000, bush hog, blade, etc
Aug 9, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
www.dan-de-man.net
Got a BX2230 with around 475 hours on it purchased new in mid 2005. Absolutely love it and have had no problems.

The only specific thing about that series to make sure is included an overall checkout of the tractor is make sure the brakes (which are internal wet brakes) work OK.

It is very easily to lock the brake pedal down, and then drive off with them still applied.. The tractor has more than enough power to overpower the brakes and, being a wet design, there will be no squeaking or other noise to warn that they are still on.

When the dealer saw the the magnetic switch I added to turn the flashers on any time I have the brakes locked on, he said that was a good idea as he had one customer lock the brakes on while using the tractor over a large area, eventually caused the brakes to not hold.

Last edited:

SPARTY

Sep 22, 2016
SE MICH
I forgot to add - the price is $6500 all in.

I figure if the blower was $1,500 and the blade as 300 - 500 that would have a tractor price of about $4500

any opinion with regards to pricing?

Thanks

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
A BX2360 with MMM only sold at auction other day for $6,100. Don't recall hours, but not big as I recall. Tractor looked in decent shape.

The snowblower and it's subframe are big $$. If new, crowding $4,000 ($2,600 for blower, and rest for subframe/mid-PTO shaft. Plow might be another $1,100 or so.

If there's hydraulic chute rotation on the blower, that's another $800 option now. Ask me how I know.......

If all are in working order, you might have a good deal there.

With all that said, the tractor needs to be able to run the stuff......

Best of luck!

Last edited:

SPARTY

Sep 22, 2016
SE MICH
I looked at this unit and its not too bad. Obviously there is the small issues such as proken/missing turn signal lenses, etc., but to me that is not a big deal.

The one thing that dandeman brought up were the brakes.

I found that the tractor could move with the brake being applied and I found that the tractor stopped easily by taking my foot off of the HST pedal. So theoretically, if you indeed had the brake on and advanced the tractor, the brakes would not hold.

Is this normal for brake function?

GaryL

Equipment
2003 BX2200 - loader, mower, blower, grss collection system
Nov 22, 2014
Holden, MA
I looked at this unit and its not too bad. Obviously there is the small issues such as proken/missing turn signal lenses, etc., but to me that is not a big deal.

The one thing that dandeman brought up were the brakes.

I found that the tractor could move with the brake being applied and I found that the tractor stopped easily by taking my foot off of the HST pedal. So theoretically, if you indeed had the brake on and advanced the tractor, the brakes would not hold.

Is this normal for brake function?
Yes. You should hear a low-squeak, but it will move. The power of the HST will move it no matter what the brakes think. yesterday I moved a 5,000 lb. camper with 500 lbs. tongue weight with my 3pt and BX2200 without any issues at all. Neighbor couldn't believe i moved it easier than the F350 did two weeks ago. I laughed and said I was way more powerful, all the way to 8.1 mph. :)

GaryL

Equipment
2003 BX2200 - loader, mower, blower, grss collection system
Nov 22, 2014
Holden, MA
Re: BX2230 with blower and blade - price opinion $6500

Hi Guys,

Got an opportunity to purchase a 2004 BX2230 with front mounted blade and front mount snowblower with hydraulics, etc.

No MMM (which isn't a big deal as mowers are easier to get than blowers)

865 hours - pretty good shape.

Any opinion on the price? Not sure how much I can dicker.

Also, any opinion on the model? Anything I should be looking for?

Thanks

Oh, and I bought my 2003 220 with 525 hrs. on it. FEL, MMM, Blower, 3pt grass catcher for $11,500 two years ago. It now has 725 hrs. LOVE IT !!!