BX2230 Is Going to Kill Me

roaf3

Equipment
B7510
Apr 6, 2011
CT USA
I drove my Dads BX 2230 this weekend.

The HST pedal sticks warm and cold. It was not much fun.

I read on another post that there were issues with these early on.

Does anyone have a parts diagram to look at?

Any ideas how to fix this issue?

I am a little concerned as he almost went through the back of the barn.

The fluid is good and the linkage looks OK but it seems to be getting worse.

Thanks ,

RD

Mingy

Equipment
L3010 backhoe FEL, B2300, M9000
Jul 27, 2010
Ontario
I have a BX, but not that BX, but I have had no pedal problems. Have you looked at greasing it and/or liberal applications of a penetrating lubricant? It could be the pedal or linkage, and not the HST which is slipping.

JimBeard

Equipment
Tiller ,6Foot Blade,FEL,3pointFinish Mower
Mar 1, 2010
Manchester NY
Have same issue with B2320 sticks when running but not when engine is turned off Still unresolved.
If yours sticks when the engine is not running i would guess it is a linkage problem.
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2977
Was going to suggest Tractor smart for PDF parts manual but learned that they are going out of business.
After having the issue for a while i found this video of a B that acts identical to my issue.
http://www.youtube.com/user/treavideotron#p/a/u/0/sREr3aOyG84
The dealer tried to fix the linkage but i think it is in the transmission .
I was present when dealer called Kubota ,got the impression that Kubota was saying that i got the idea because i saw it on utube .

Last edited:

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
We have some BX2230's that were like this. The problem with them was the tie-rod end at the rear of the linkage where it attaches to the transmission lever. The stud going through the lever was loose causing the lever not to be positively positioned. It is right beside the oil filter. You will need a 9/16 and a 1/2 inch wrench to tighten the stud. It may not be your problem but worth a look!

Reactions: 1 user