BX2230 Front Axle Leak

Quarencia

Equipment
BX2230 loader, mower, snowblower, box blade, spreader
Mar 14, 2015
Granby, CT
Does anybody know if the hole where the front axle pivot pin goes thru is open to the inside of the axle housing on a BX2230?

I have a fluid leak I'm having trouble chasing down and my best guess is that it's coming from the front axle and the only place it can be coming from is the pivot pin. But I'm a little surprised this is open to the inside of the axle. I suppose since it doesn't have a grease point, it must be, but hoping someone can confirm. If it is open to the inside of the axle, I'm also surprised it's only sealed with a simple o-ring when all the other seals on the axle are proper oil seals. I suppose it's not really a rotating component and the o-ring would be good enough.

Thanks,

1605200644592.png

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I have read that on many Kubotas the axle housing is open where the pivot pin passes through it. I assume your tractor is the same, but do not know for certain. I am sure someone who knows for sure will speak up.

Camera Man

Equipment
Kubota L5460, Kubota L2296Bucket,lde SGC1060 GRAPPLE, Landpride PFL2042 Forks,
Jun 27, 2020
Idaho
I don't know if you run a front loader, however I have seen from many dealers that if you over load your loader and /don't have proper ballest you can blow the seals on the housing.

Brinet

Dec 15, 2019
House
The axle bolt passes through the housing. Over time, the bushing and o-rings wear out. Replace both. I would suggest replacing the (very expensive) bolt also.

Bushings are hard to remove. One trick is to tap the bushing using a 3/4" pipe tap. Screw a 3/4" piece of pipe in and drive the pipe out from the opposite side using an appropriate sized socket and extension. Worked well for me.