BX2200 Mower Fails to Lower

rymerbill

Equipment
B2150, BX2200
Aug 31, 2015
Lexington Park
The MMM deck was working just fine and suddenly yesterday it will not lower more than about an inch from the uppermost level. Both the Cutting Height knob and the Lowering Rate knobs are frozen and will not turn. Strange because it worked one day and first pass the next day and then will not lower.

I cant figure out how to get in to see the cam mechanism that sets the mowing height as I suspect that area is the problem (??)

capp

Equipment
BX2230 MMM, Fel
Oct 4, 2020
Lawrence Co., Ky
You have another knob just to the right of the first one, It goes back to the pto on back. try and turn that knob and it should be good to go. Let me know if this helps.

rymerbill

Equipment
B2150, BX2200
Aug 31, 2015
Lexington Park
See below. As I said in the original post BOTH these knobs are frozen and will not turn.

Last edited:

rymerbill

Equipment
B2150, BX2200
Aug 31, 2015
Lexington Park
Nope, that does not help. Facing forward, the left knob is the cutting height knob. The right one is for setting the lowering or dropping rate of hydraulic supported loads like the 3pt hitch or the mower. Neither knob has anything to do with the PTO and neither goes back to the PTO.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Nope, that does not help. Facing forward, the left knob is the cutting height knob. The right one is for setting the lowering or dropping rate of hydraulic supported loads like the 3pt hitch or the mower. Neither knob has anything to do with the PTO and neither goes back to the PTO.
Do your 3 point arms on the rear of the tractor raise and lower full stroke?

capp

Equipment
BX2230 MMM, Fel
Oct 4, 2020
Lawrence Co., Ky
See below. As I said in the original post BOTH these knobs are frozen and will not turn.
I know this is probably a stupid question, but hows it look under the belly pan anything hitting it making it do this. You haven't hit anything lately, have you? Like I said this is probably a stupid question.
Capp