BX2200 HST peddle vibration

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
Hi all,
So it is starting to warm up here, so mowing season has started. Machine is a BX2200 with about 1100 hours on it. Full fluid service was done with all kubota products about 100-200 hours ago.

I have noticed what feels like some excessive vibration in the HST peddle. I only feel it when accelerating in high gear. Once the tractor is up to speed the vibration goes away.

It is possible that it is there in low gear as well, but I just don't notice it as bad.

Is this a sign of something bad with the machine, or is it fairly common in this age of a machine with these hours?

I wish I would have pain more attention at the end of the season last year so I would have a good comparison. Overall, the HST whine doesn't seem to sound any louder than normal.

I do use the machine quite a bit for all sorts of stuff. Dragging limbs, FEL and BB to spread dirt and gravel etc etc.

Fluid is full and from what I can tell it still looks clean.

Hopefully I am just being paranoid.

Thanks

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I have a BX 2200 with around 14 or 1500 hours on it I think. I do look once in a while but soon forget the exact number.

I’ve never noticed what you’re mentioning, but this is irrelevant because I don’t have any place flat enough and smooth enough where I want to use high gear. I’ll be interested in hearing replies from those that use Their BX 2200 in high gear.

I do thank you for the reminder that I should shift between high and low range just to make sure I can still get it in the high range. I’m sure things are free though, because you have to put it in neutral every time you start the engine.

Reactions: 1 user

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
I have a BX 2200 with around 14 or 1500 hours on it I think. I do look once in a while but soon forget the exact number.

I’ve never noticed what you’re mentioning, but this is irrelevant because I don’t have any place flat enough and smooth enough where I want to use high gear. I’ll be interested in hearing replies from those that use Their BX 2200 in high gear.

I do thank you for the reminder that I should shift between high and low range just to make sure I can still get it in the high range. I’m sure things are free though, because you have to put it in neutral every time you start the engine.
It could just be me being paranoid, but I try and stay ahead of any issues. Especially since I have some pretty big projects planned for this year on top of weekly mowing.

Spreading topsoil for the garden, building a gravel camping pad by the pond and a gravel drive to get to it.....and then all the other stuff I know will come up.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
In the past I have worked my BX pretty hard at times with no issues. Seems like I lose traction before I can over stress anything. I don’t have a loader on the BX though.

IMG_8185.jpeg

I would load about a ton, or usually a bit more, old dirt in this trailer and then pull it up hill to where I wanted to dump it. I moved over 300 tons of earth this way one summer. Tires are all foam filled which adds about 350 pounds total I think.

Not trying to sidetrack your thread. Just trying to say you’re BX can work a lot without hurting itself. If you would have something going on, it’s likely not due to the work you’ve accomplished with it.

Reactions: 1 user