BX2200 FEL Query

Pops10

Equipment
BX2200 W/ fel & box blade
Jul 19, 2011
Shirley,AR
Looking at maybe buying a 2000 BX2200 w/FEL 800 hrs for 7500.

Will I also need a weight in the back to keep rear tires on the ground?

Will a box blade be fine for the weight needed or will something less expensive work as well?

Can the BX2200 handle both the FEL and box blade or other weight?

Thanks,

Pops

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
Looking at maybe buying a 2000 BX2200 w/FEL 800 hrs for 7500.

Will I also need a weight in the back to keep rear tires on the ground?

Will a box blade be fine for the weight needed or will something less expensive work as well?

Can the BX2200 handle both the FEL and box blade or other weight?

Thanks,

Pops
I have almost that exact set-up.

Filling the rear tires helps a lot and usually no counterweight is needed. The bucket doesn't hold enough to make it that tippy.

A box blade will work if a counterweight is necessary. Something more universal that will work is a carry-all. Then you can put a pallet or boards on the carry-all and use bags of cement, sand, concrete blocks, or whatever happens to be around. The carry-all will find many uses.

Not sure what you mean by "handling a FEL and box blade". They work fine when both are attached. The hydraulics are inherently weak (5.5 gpm) so it takes high RPM to make everything work at a reasonable rate.

Everything also works much better when the HST pedal is not engaged. The HST seems to rob hydraulic pressure from the FEL and 3PH.

Pops10

Equipment
BX2200 W/ fel & box blade
Jul 19, 2011
Shirley,AR
Thanks to everyone for the responses.
It's all been great info for me.

Yeah, I was wondering about the BX2200 having ample power to haul around the box blade and work the FEL at the same time.

What do you folks fill your rear tires with?

I've read different opinions on what fluid or mix of fluid to use.

Pops

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
The fluid in the tires just depends on who fills them. Some use calcium chloride and water, antifreeze and water or even methanol. With any of them I would want to have tubes. It may take years before the wheels rust out but it can and will happen.

cal1

Equipment
BX23s
Jul 9, 2011
Battle Ground, WA
Newbe question: Whats a FEL? I have a BX24 do I have this on my machine. If so I've not seen anything in the owners manual.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Newbe question: Whats a FEL? I have a BX24 do I have this on my machine. If so I've not seen anything in the owners manual.
Your BX24 should have came with 3 owners manuals 1) Tractor 2) BH Back hoe 3) FEL Front End Loader.

If you don't have all 3 you may want contact your local Kubota dealer to get new ones.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
My wife asked if you guys band me from the forum for asking such a dumb question. I told her no... she then said well it's still early in the day!:eek:
Brother in Orange the only dumb question is the one not asked, well if you start to ask about green or blue stuff that may start to get close :D