BX22 rear differential lock not engaging

jcy110

Equipment
BX22 with LA210 loader and BT600 hoe
Aug 22, 2015
Whitehouse Station, NJ
Hi, I have a BX22/BX22D I used to be able to put pressure on the lever with the left foot and I would feel it engage. Now I put pressure on the lever and it feels spongy but never "slips in". How much of a tear down am I looking at to see what the problem is. Do you think its stuck and not releasing. My brother-in-law says he hears a loud click somewhere by the back wheels but only once in a while. I have been using it and don't hear it. With winter heading our way I would like to see if there is a problem and fix it before the temperature is in the teens and I have a breakdown with lots of snow on the ground..........any help would be appreciated!

Trent

Equipment
B7510
Aug 14, 2015
Henderson, KY
Not sure if yours is made like my b7510 or not. When mine was spongy, the linkage was deflecting and the lever just before it enters the transmission was not moving. I bought my tractor with it stuck and suspect it had never been used.

To free it up, I stared by unhooking the linkage, put vice grips on the lever where it enters the transmission, lube everything, jack up one wheel. Work the grips while slowly turning one wheel. You should be able to feel it drop in.

Slowing building some trust in it. It scares me seeing so many posts about it...

jcy110

Equipment
BX22 with LA210 loader and BT600 hoe
Aug 22, 2015
Whitehouse Station, NJ
Good thought, Ill try that as soon as Joaquin has passed and the weather gets better. Ill let you know how it goes.