BX22 FEL Question

sparky1969

Equipment
BX22
Aug 5, 2013
Kansas
When the FEL is removed on BX22 does it need a bypass hose? Does anyone have a diagram of the connections on the FEL valve for a BX22? Changed two hoses and now FEL, backhoe and 3pt only work intermittently. I thank something got into the valve of FEL.

Thanks

Sparky

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
When removing the FEL the three lines have one line plugged (the frontmost) and the other two lines connect to each other to form a loop in the system.

It is unclear whether everything works as it should when the FEL is attached but that would be valuable information to help diagnose the problem.

It sounds like you suspect the new lines were reversed or corrected wrong. Try the above connections and everything should function normally with the FEL removed.

If not, then you might try finding someone with a BX so you can see the connections first hand. A workshop manual usually only deals with the tractor and not the attachments - like the FEL and BH (in my experience).

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
I am not sure about a BX22 however on my BX24 the FEL has nothing to do with the 3pt other than sharing the fluid. I guess it is possible to to have an open quick connect. If you were hooking up the FEL and got the lines crossed there could be issues.

Just my thoughts. I could be wrong.....

sparky1969

Equipment
BX22
Aug 5, 2013
Kansas
Thanks for the replies. I replaced the two hoses, one from tractor to valve and the other went from cross over line on lift arms to lift cylinder. No way to hook them up wrong. It worked before I replaced lines and now it does not work most of the time. The bucket will roll but lift arms are may or may not go up and down. When arms stop lifting the backhoe and 3pt don't work, when arms lift everything works. I disconnected the lines to FEL and then backhoe and 3pt don't work. But not sure which two of the three lines needed to be hooked together. GWD answered that, Thanks GWD. A disconnect broke when I was hooking it back up so have to fix it and get a hose made for a bypass line. A little upkeep of replacing leaking hoses and down for 2 weeks. Thanks for replies, I will keep after it.

Sparks

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
I have a L275 with a BF400 FEL. There are 4 hard hydro lines on it.
1) Large suction line going to the pump.
2) High pressure line from pump to just in front of the seat.
3&4) come from a junction block below the left side of the seat
3 is the high pressure to the FEL and 4 is the return.
In the junction block there is a Flow Priority Valve and a High Pressure Releaf Valve. The Flow Priority Valve sends fluid to the FEL first if I am activly using the FE, ALL other hydros do not work because priority is given to the FEL. If the FEL is not being used the fluid goes through the open center of the FEL control valving to power other hydo needs. If the hydro lines to the loader are disconnected, the high pressure line is dead headed stopping all flow to other needs - nothing will work.

I have to use a jumper from the FEL supply to the return for other hydros to work.