BX1870 48" MMM Top Adjustment

esloser

Equipment
working on BX1870-1
Oct 30, 2015
Millville, NJ
Hi All,

I took delivery of a BX1870 a few days ago now. The mower adjustment knob is extremely difficult to turn. I thought I remembered a thread that showed how to adjust the knob with pictures or a video but can't seem to find it again.

Anyone know how to do the adjustment or point me to the prior thread? I've searched every key word I could think of.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
When adjusting, raise your MMM all the way up and hold on to the lift handle a bit before releasing to make sure it is as far as it will go. Many just raise it normally as when mowing. My dealer ponted this out to me when I bought my first BX.

If this doesn't do it make your dealer check it out, adjustment should not be that hard. However, it will always require a bit of effort.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
The adjustment knob that you turn has "steps' on it underneath the sheetmetal, very hard to see. The thread and steps need to be lubricated very well. If the deck is down, the knob will only turn to a setting that is lower then where the deck is. ie you can't turn the knob to 4 inches if the deck is resting on the ground. The deck has a linkage with a "knob or finger" that rests on those steps.