BX1860 to B2301 3pt Arm Length

Snowmansimon

Dec 31, 2015
Canada
Can anyone confirm the 3pt arm length on a B2301 for me? I am looking to upgrade from a BX1860 to B2301 and wondering if I am going to need longer PTO shafts with the B2301 having (I think) longer arms.

I am back and forth if I should upgrade. My BX does all my home needs perfectly. I do work on the side with it and the B series I think would be a benefit. I cut 12 acres with the BX and it did it but its slow. I am mainly after 1 implement jobs due to trailer space and time constraints. Tilling/driveway grading/brush hogging, may look at stump grinding. Generally 1-3hr projects I can fit in here and there. Both have no loaders.

-So far pros are extra height for brush hogging, lifts implements higher, more HP, no exposed fan underneath, 3 range transmission, has front hydraulics for future implements.
-Negatives are higher so more tippy, slightly longer so brush hog+tractor don't fit in my 16ft trailer without detaching and backing over the brush hog with the 3pt arms, cost of course

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
B2601 is a better machine for most purposes. It's not really much bigger than the BX, it's hard to tell from the official measures because they measure one without 3pt and one with usually.

I moved from a BX to a B. I don't find it more tippy. More accurately, both of them drove fine on slopes that my butt pucker wasn't happy with. I don't need to be able to drive on steeper slopes than that.

I would expect implements to fit both - the PTO shafts have a fair amount of play in them because they move when you lift and lower the 3pt. I only had one PTO driven implement when I traded up, and it didn't need any adjustment. You may be unlucky, but probably not.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
2600mm from the front of the frame to the end of the 3pt. 200mm extra for the brush guard on the front.

Internet converts that to 102 inches, or 8 foot 6 inches. Additional 8 inches for the brush guard.

That's with the 3ph all the way up, a bit longer at the mid position, about the same all the way down. But I'd expect the 3pt to overlap the rear of the trailer anyway.