BX1850 orange confetti

netxtown

Aug 8, 2013
Blue Ridge, Tx
I just love the way my little orange tractor drops orange confetti just about everywhere it goes. I never fail to find a piece of its little orange plastic body laying somewhere around the yard. A piece here. A piece there.

A couple weeks back...the whole left fender fell off. The screw downs for the hood are long gone...so it just kind of rattles back and forth with the hum of the engine. The 'handles' over each rear wheel are completely cracked out....and no telling how long before they fall off as well. Plastic!! Who knew?:rolleyes:

Yes.....confetti.....

WillB

Equipment
MF 1635, lots of implements.
Jan 26, 2014
Innisfil, Ontario
Quit drivibg in to things, and stop abusing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Racer X

Equipment
GR2110 ~ 1948 Ford 8N ~ 1948 Adams Motor Grader ~ Kubota L260
Apr 28, 2017
The Great Pacific Northwet
I'm not too keen on the proliferation of plastics that fail to perform. My GR2110 is on its second hood. The plastic tabs that the hinges mount to broke off. The tabs that hold the headlights on also broke.

I'm tempted to take the new hood back off and make a fiberglass mold of it, and then reproduce the hood in fiberglass. I know a composite layup will hold up better than the brittle orange plastic.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
There also can be another factor. You are too strong. Sheet metal screws and similar fasteners easily can be over tightened.

Racer X

Equipment
GR2110 ~ 1948 Ford 8N ~ 1948 Adams Motor Grader ~ Kubota L260
Apr 28, 2017
The Great Pacific Northwet
There also can be another factor. You are too strong. Sheet metal screws and similar fasteners easily can be over tightened.
Until the hood fractured, then failed and had to be replaced, I had never touched the hardware that holds it on the machine. If anything failed because it was over-tightened, it was from the assembly when built at the factory.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
The 50 series BX was the only one with plastic. When JD started doing plastic Kubota thought they might too, but they either used worse quality plastic, or Kubota owners are fussier. I had a 2350, and the plastics on it broke all the time - every panel had at least one bit broken off. Didn't impact how the machine worked, but really really annoying. Glad to move to a B2601 with metal panels. I bought a can of Kubota orange touch up paint, and every time I scratch it I give it a little sand and a spray, stop it rusting.