BX1800 MMM height adjusting knob

cscprez

Jun 24, 2012
Albany, NY
I just purchased a BX1800 with a 54" MMM. The machine is immaculate, and was used to cut a flat lawn of approximately 2 acres. No other implements were ever used with the machine.
I cannot turn the height adjustment knob. The manual for the deck says it should adjust the height through a range of about 4".
Does the deck have to be in a specific position to adjust the height, or is it just seized up?

cummings

Equipment
BX1860
Oct 2, 2011
North Florida
You must have the deck all the way up before you can adjust the height and the knob only turns one way. I cannot remember which way and BX is out of reach right now.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
You must have the deck all the way up before you can adjust the height and the knob only turns one way. I cannot remember which way and BX is out of reach right now.
You are correct. On my BX24 the MMM adj knob turn it counter clockwist to cut lower. On the '0" it will lower the most (this is good when intalling or removing the MMM). On "4" it will be at the highest cut leavel. When you set it to "Top" it will hold/lock it at the highest position reguardless of the leaver position (This is used when you are using another 3pt implement).

Hope this helps

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
kubotaman, where were you in the past. I know several people have asked about someway to hold the deck up while useing the 3ph. I had even started working out a way in my mind how to put a pin in the levers. I just went out to my bx2230 , and it is as you say. Set the knob to top, let the 3ph down, deck drops about an inch, then stops, 3ph continues to go down. Now I won't have to remove the mmm when I bush hog... Thanks.