BX1800 fuel leakage issue

67Truckin

Equipment
BX1800D
May 25, 2016
Pleasant Plains
Hi all, Just joined the site and have a question on a fuel leak issue. My 2000 Kubota BX1800 with 175 hours on it is leaking fuel in the back left fender area. I have read around and it seems the fuel sending unit seal is a bad design that has had several upgrades. Does anyone know the exact parts I need to get my tank fixed to it will quit leaking diesel fuel down the rear tires? Do I need just the new design seal or is there a retainer and other parts required. :confused: Thanks, John :)

RyeThomas

Dec 23, 2015
Northern Virginia
Messicks Part # K2561-96140

Been there done that, I believe that is the latest and greatest part.

Pull the old one and sender unit (it's one piece) pull the sending unit off the old seal and gasket, put the sender on the new one, put it back together. It comes with instructions.

FWIW I believe their torque specs are high for small plastic component so I would lighten up a good deal. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

67Truckin

Equipment
BX1800D
May 25, 2016
Pleasant Plains
Ah.... thanks so much for the correct parts number. I had been contacting Kubota.com and all they would do is repeatedly tell me to go to the dealer. They say the repair is too complicated and can only be done by a qualified dealer tech. I gently told them as an ASE certified mechanic with 35 years experience working with my CAT certified diesel mechanic son we had more than enough technical experience to do the repair. I only needed the part number. They again tried to send me to the dealer. My dealer knows nothing and is less than helpful. So thanks again for the great help, parts are ordered. :D

Pap

Equipment
BX2360 G1900
Feb 12, 2015
Middletown, pa
You can go to Messicks.com and looks up any part that you need. They have good prices and will ship to you. This is my local dealer and are very good.