BX Loader Install Issues

oaksmith

Equipment
BX2370 Loader & 54" Belly Mower
May 3, 2013
Williamsport MD
I've search and can't find what I'm hoping to find!
I'm I the only one that has ever been able to bend both my "Main Frame brackets" on a BX2370 while trying to mount the LA 243A loader? The first one "left side" was last fall but I was able to with help get the loader mounted. So this year, I watched and read again and tried again. Well I made the mistake of putting one pin in thinking that the other side would hit the cradle and the pin line up! Big mistake! the loader swung to the side and because the pin was in place, the other main frame got bent! Both sides are only slightly bent, but when you look you can tell.
So at this point, I'm not able to get either side pinned before the other side jumps totally out.
1. Has anyone had any luck straightening them?
2. Has anyone ever welded a piece on the cradle to make it deeper in hopes the loader arms won't jump out?
3. Is it really that important the Main Frame Brackets be perfectly straight?
4. Is there any difference between the dark painted ones vs. the orange painted ones other then the color?

Any suggestions or ideas are needed!

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
I've bent something (very slightly) when dismounting earlier this year. Was taking to the wife while taking it off. Got distracted and started to lift the bucket with only the right pin in and it swung out sideways.

At that point the left side wouldn't line back up no matter what I did when the right pin was still in place.

SO...I just took out the right pin, lined up the left mount, slid in the left pin and lifted with JUST the left pin in to bend it back. Worked!

Whatever slightly twisted (I think it was the loader arms not the frame...That frame is thick stuff) straightened out an have not had a problem since.

oaksmith

Equipment
May 3, 2013
Williamsport MD
Thanks for the reply, at least I know I'm not the only one! In my case you can see that the mounting frame is bent. Yes it is thick, I'm thinking that I'm going to try to heat it red hot and try to get it back in line.

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland
Certainly not saying that you didn't bend something, but have you checked the rear tire pressure in order to insure you're not lining it up with a cockeyed frame. I discovered that my problem aligning the FEL was simply low rear tire pressure on one side. Love those easy fixes!

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
Let us know how you make out. Going to take a big heat source to get that much steel "soft". I'd like to see a pic of the damage if possible. I just can't believe the brackets twisted and not the loader arms.

oaksmith

Equipment
May 3, 2013
Williamsport MD
Well those brackets are not as tuff as everyone seems to think they are. I started to think that if I bent them, I should be able to bend them back.
I took a digging iron and ground the handle down to where it would fit into the pin hole and along with a helper, we were able to bend both of them back to nearly like new.
Remember that this is a BX, I checked some other tractors out and as they get bigger, the metal on the brackets get bigger.
The good news is now the loader attaches as it was design to do.

car compulsive

Jun 25, 2015
MI
Bringing back this old thread because I'm having a devil of a time getting the left side of my loader into the pocket and aligned so I can insert the pin. The only way it seems to work is to insert the right pin - no problem and then maybe the left side will snap into position when I lift up the front wheels. Today, that didn't work after many tries - including having the left side pop completely out. Eventually, I lifted the loader a bit, folded the stand, and rocked the bucket left and right until the left side popped into the pocket.

Any proven methods?

twl.19977

Equipment
2015 Kabota BX2370
Jan 15, 2024
Charleston, WV
I'm having a devil of a time getting my right pin out to detach the loader. Do you recommend pulling the left pin and then shift the tilt of the bucket to see if that loosens up the right pin eventually?

Bringing back this old thread because I'm having a devil of a time getting the left side of my loader into the pocket and aligned so I can insert the pin. The only way it seems to work is to insert the right pin - no problem and then maybe the left side will snap into position when I lift up the front wheels. Today, that didn't work after many tries - including having the left side pop completely out. Eventually, I lifted the loader a bit, folded the stand, and rocked the bucket left and right until the left side popped into the pocket.

Any proven methods?

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
The loader should be removed on a level surface. If it is not on a very level surface then one of the pins will become jammed. If it is on a level surface then both pins can be removed with equal ease. If you try to remove one pin and then manipulate the loader to try to remove the other pin you very likely will bend the loader arm(s). I recommend not trying to remove one pin without the other one being free too.

twl.19977

Equipment
2015 Kabota BX2370
Jan 15, 2024
Charleston, WV
What if I attempted to raise the tractor front even higher with down force on the hydraulic control withou rolling the bucket with the left pin removed. Something's go it in a bind.!. Was hoping it was something that could be tweaked with hydraulics. Everything's on a flat concrete surface.

The loader should be removed on a level surface. If it is not on a very level surface then one of the pins will become jammed. If it is on a level surface then both pins can be removed with equal ease. If you try to remove one pin and then manipulate the loader to try to remove the other pin you very likely will bend the loader arm(s). I recommend not trying to remove one pin without the other one being free too.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
What if I attempted to raise the tractor front even higher with down force on the hydraulic control withou rolling the bucket with the left pin removed. Something's go it in a bind.!. Was hoping it was something that could be tweaked with hydraulics. Everything's on a flat concrete surface.
Everything that I mentioned in my previous post was from personal experience. You can attempt to do anything that you have a mind to but be aware that things go awry very quickly. Another poster mentioned checking the air pressure in your rear tires to be sure that they are equal. That definitely can affect whether the bucket is level on a level surface. I would also suggest checking out videos on YouTube on how to remove your loader. Following the instructions very carefully will benefit you greatly. Until then, I would put the pin back in the side that you were able to get out. That is if you're still able to do that. If not you may have to get a pry bar and put it in the pinhole and try to align the holes to be able to put the pin back in. Then you should start over from scratch. There should be no absolute way that your PIN cannot be removed easily.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
By the way, the only way that I was able to get the loader arms straightened out so that I could remove it was to leave the pry bar in the pinhole, raise the bucket replace the pin and start all over again. If you do happen to have a pin that somehow became rusted in use some WD-40 or another penetrating oil liberally and work the older arms up and down numerous times.

twl.19977

Equipment
2015 Kabota BX2370
Jan 15, 2024
Charleston, WV
Everything that I mentioned in my previous post was from personal experience. You can attempt to do anything that you have a mind to but be aware that things go awry very quickly. Another poster mentioned checking the air pressure in your rear tires to be sure that they are equal. That definitely can affect whether the bucket is level on a level surface. I would also suggest checking out videos on YouTube on how to remove your loader. Following the instructions very carefully will benefit you greatly. Until then, I would put the pin back in the side that you were able to get out. That is if you're still able to do that. If not you may have to get a pry bar and put it in the pinhole and try to align the holes to be able to put the pin back in. Then you should start over from scratch. There should be no absolute way that your PIN cannot be removed easily.
All good points. I am not going to remove that left one before I figure the right side out. Maybe it is my rear tire pressures.?. Very Frustrating when you got to get snow plowing done🙄

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
if all else fails...
get 2 ladders and a stout beam(say 3 -2by6 screwed together
place ladders next to tractor, beam on top, over the loader /uprights
use 1 or 2 chain hoists /comealongs to raise loader out of the uprights
with 2 comealongs you can 'adjust' as needed to 'square' the loader arms relative to the uprights and safely lift the loader arms up off the frame uprights.

yeah old skool, used it a lot on the bigger tractors, once on my BX23S