BX light connector

goldenpsp

Equipment
BX 23S
Nov 25, 2017
Baltimore MD
So I didn't realize the BX had some connectors in the back for utility lights until recently. They are a round connector which looks familiar, but I'm not exactly sure what you'd call it. I'd like to get matching connectors to plug in a small LED light bar (nothing fancy, so I'm not trying to go crazy with switches and stuff).

I could probably figure it out browsing at the store but I thought it would be work asking real quick in case anyone knew the correct part offhand.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I believe they are called bullet connectors, but I have always called them barrel.
I view them as failure points, so when I did my lights I cut the connectors off and soldered the wires directly and sealed with heat shrink tubing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Rdrett

Dec 5, 2017
Paris Ky
So I didn't realize the BX had some connectors in the back for utility lights until recently. They are a round connector which looks familiar, but I'm not exactly sure what you'd call it. I'd like to get matching connectors to plug in a small LED light bar (nothing fancy, so I'm not trying to go crazy with switches and stuff).

I could probably figure it out browsing at the store but I thought it would be work asking real quick in case anyone knew the correct part offhand.
You will have to install a switch or the light will be on anytime the tractor key is in the on position.

goldenpsp

Equipment
BX 23S
Nov 25, 2017
Baltimore MD
I believe they are called bullet connectors, but I have always called them barrel.
I view them as failure points, so when I did my lights I cut the connectors off and soldered the wires directly and sealed with heat shrink tubing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks. In my first year I actually haven't found much of a need for lights to begin with. I got my BX last november and bought a light bar thinking it would be useful if I had snow removal at night. But here big snow storms aren't that common, and we had a lighter than average year so I haven't even used the lights yet. I also don't want a permanent solution since I drop the rops for mowing season to get under the trees.

If they work ok I'd eventually put in a more robust plug solution for easy installation and removal, but I just wanted something quick and dirty for now.

You will have to install a switch or the light will be on anytime the tractor key is in the on position.
That's fine for what I'm trying to do at the moment. They are magnetic lights and I only plan to have them on when I need them.