BX Hazard/Turn Signal Bulb

bluedunn

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, MMM, Heavy Hitch Back Plow Blade
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT
Hi-

Anyone know the generic bulb/base type for the BX turn signal/hazard bulb? I was thinking about swapping mine out for LEDs, but not exactly sure what I would need. Also, would I need to use a resistor of some type?

I have a BX1860; not sure if this matters or if Kubota uses the same bulb on all BXs.

Thanks!

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Generally the LED replacements for common bulbs have a kind of power supply built in. The problem will be finding a bulb which will work in Kubota's somewhat proprietary sockets.

bluedunn

Equipment
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT
Hi-

Confirmed; the BX hazard lights are the 1156 common bulb. Picked up some LED equivalents at the parts store on the way home from work. Just put them in and they work - no hyper-flashing. My BX is now fully LED ***55357;***56832;

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx
do you have LED headlights too? I was thinking about going LED on my 1860 too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bluedunn

Equipment
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT
do you have LED headlights too? I was thinking about going LED on my 1860 too?

Yea, put those in a few week's ago - huge difference in terms of brightness, however with the FEL on, that doesn't make too much of a difference. To combat that, I purchased a light bar, which does make a difference with the FEL on - bring on the snow!

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx
Yea, put those in a few week's ago - huge difference in terms of brightness, however with the FEL on, that doesn't make too much of a difference. To combat that, I purchased a light bar, which does make a difference with the FEL on - bring on the snow!

nice, where did you get the headlight LED, I might switch out those too. And what light bar are you using?

bluedunn

Equipment
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT