BX exhaust extension

lamanated

Equipment
BX
May 2, 2013
Zephyrhills Fl
thought I'd post , pic to follow, on something I tried this week,,
I took a piece of 1 inch metal EMT conduit. put a 45 degree bend in it. cut it about 1 1/2 inch back and slightly ground the galvanize off to reduce the outside diameter a bit. then took the ridge off the tractor;s outlet and the seam.I added a bit of antiseize to the pipe ,then tapped it in a bit to get the angle I liked. then trimmed the outlet side. prob a 6 inch long extension.then seated the pipe into the tractor outlet, and Voila.. no soot on the boom now..

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
thought I'd post , pic to follow, on something I tried this week,,
I took a piece of 1 inch metal EMT conduit. put a 45 degree bend in it. cut it about 1 1/2 inch back and slightly ground the galvanize off to reduce the outside diameter a bit. then took the ridge off the tractor;s outlet and the seam.I added a bit of antiseize to the pipe ,then tapped it in a bit to get the angle I liked. then trimmed the outlet side. prob a 6 inch long extension.then seated the pipe into the tractor outlet, and Voila.. no soot on the boom now..
I have been thinking about the same thing, glad you solved the problem!

OK !!! SHOW ME THEM THAR PICTURES!!!! :D:D

I often look at my boom and say, damnit I hate all that soot there.....
educate me with some pictures......I would love to do something just like that
!!!:eek::eek:

L R STYLES

Equipment
2013 B2320
Jul 21, 2013
NF Canada
Keep an eye on the front tire with a load on the FEL.when you turn the wheels all the way to the right .I had my exh a little to long it jut hook the outside tread had to turn it about 10 dg .But no more soot on the FEL