BX Emergency Spares

Rick in CT

Equipment
BX2360, loader, snow blower, blade, mower
Feb 2, 2015
Wallingford, CT
I have a BX2360 with 65 hours on it. I did the full 50/hr service. Not new to tractors, just to the BX. What parts should I have on the shelf for an emergency? I hate getting stuck on a weekend when I need the tractor. Are there any parts that BX users have found to be prone to failure?

My current uses are plowing and blowing snow, loader work and mowing once the conditions permit.

Thanks,

Rick

live_roll

Equipment
M108 / BX 25 / RTV 900 / ZD331 / M7060 / B1200 Mx5100 Ford 1500
Dec 16, 2009
Irricana Alberta
I would keep a spare pair of fuel filters for the tractor, first line of defense against any fuel issues, as well as extra shear pins for your blower and mower (if they are utilizing shear pins)
as well, with it being a fairly new tractor it wouldn't hurt to go around machine after a few hours of use and re-torque most exposed bolts, especially on loader assembly, as it will "settle in" after a few hours use and the bolts may need to be re-torqued. Lug nuts as well.

Cheers

Roger

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
x2
Plus a bottle of Diesel 911. I also keep an extra oil and hydraulic filter. A quart of SUDT2 to top off.
I also have a 2nd set of blades, sharpened and ready to go on. I did buy the Gator blades, to be honest, the stock set, cut just as nice for me.

Dieselbob

Equipment
BX 2230, LA211 loader, 60â€￾ MMM, 2â€￾ wheel spacers, grille guard, gauges, bucket e
Nov 17, 2014
Fort Wayne IN
I would strongly reccomend a spare hydraulic coupler set. I had one fail in the middle of a BIG snowstorm last winter and while I could raise, lower, and curl the bucket, I couldn't uncurl it, and didn't have a spare. The bucket got stuck curled under, and I had to bring it into the shop and loosen a hydraulic line to get the bucket flat again.

Rick in CT

Equipment
BX2360, loader, snow blower, blade, mower
Feb 2, 2015
Wallingford, CT
Thanks for the responses. I have the filters, fluids, extra keys, and diesel additives. I just ordered a spare set of quick connects, plus one extra male connector, and a fan belt. I have one male disconnect that is very stubborn on the tractor, and needs to be replaced before it damages the female end, which is much more costly than the male.

Rick