BX Deck maintenance

TheMurf

Equipment
BX1880.with loader and 48 inch deck. 1990 Gravel 12G Riding tractor.
Jun 25, 2022
Upstate New York
Is there a way to greeze the deck on a BX machine without removing it and sliding it out from under the tractor ?

Anyone have a suggestion? I'm getting older or the deck is getting heavier..

Anyone undercoat their deck ?
Does it help keep debris off the bottom ?

A quick thank you to the member who suggested using a air chisel to clean the caked on grass off the bottom of the deck. That made it easier than trying to chisel it off with a hand held scraper.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
I can grease all the zerks on my 60" deck fairly easily, the spindles, idler pulley and guage wheels, but not the drive shaft for the deck and the rear pivot joint. Those are buggers to get to, and have to use a regular coupler as the lock-n-lube is to big in diameter to get into the zerks. Running the tractor up on 4" tall blocks and setting the deck to the lowest position gives a little more space to work.

TheMurf

Equipment
Jun 25, 2022
Upstate New York
DL Smith, Thanks for the suggestion on the blocks.I never thought of something like that..I was thinking of ramps maybe..

crbr

Equipment
2006 B7800, 2022 BX1880
Jan 8, 2010
TN
I think you may be looking for an alternate solution to sliding the deck sideways, for access as much as easy access to the zerks. That removal concept is about as useful and effective as teats on a bore hog.

I use an overhead hoist, where I disconnect, lift, and roll the deck out, service, and back in. At one point, I use the hoist to lift the deck to a 90 degree position, clean the deck, and remove the blades to sharpen. This photo is on my B7800 but I do the same with the BX. A chain-fall, block and tackle, or similar will do the same. I use a Warn 1000# hoist with a wired control. Works like a lucky charm.

Best on your solution.

Attachments

TheMurf

Equipment
Jun 25, 2022
Upstate New York
CRBR, I wish I had room in my garage for an overhead block and tackle. Old friend had one in his two story shop .I walked in the side door to see him working in the underside of a Peterbilt cab over, hoisted to 90 degrees in the air. Unfortunately I don't have the clearance for that. Figure I will try some ramps. Pulling the deck and flipping it over is a PITA.