Bx cab

Kurtee

Equipment
BX2660, BX2680 cab, JD 2032R, Honda 5518, JD X590, JD X739
Oct 3, 2013
Nicollet, mn
Has anyone purchased a BX with the dealer installed cab? I am considering one and was hoping for some input.

rlcotter

Equipment
BX23S Cab;3pt Blade;HLA Snow Pusher;BX Armour;HLA Fork;Ratchet Rake, Snow Edge
Mar 24, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Hi Kurtee, Yes I bought the BX23S this spring with the cab. I had a BX23S without a cab, that I traded for one with a cab. It is the best! Absolutely love it. Complete coverage in the summer from the sun, and the heater is awesome. We had some 4F degrees already this fall, and I was out on the BX23S with just a shirt on (pants too! - good thing I re-read this). Getting out of the wind is a big deal, but the heat is wonderful. For me, it is perfect. I am sure others prefer the open cockpit, but I like comfort. But there are repercussions. My wife was out riding about in a golf cart, and didn't think much of the bugs, the rain etc. while I sat inside my cab. So this weekend she picked up the RTV 1100C with heat and air conditioning. LOL. So the cab for me was very expensive. But go for it if you can. In MN, you will be thankful this winter. Check out Jon Ritter's youtubes. He has some very good information about the cab.

Best regards. Les.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
With my experiences I'd be looking to choose between a cheapie plastic golf cart cover on a conduit frame - or - a factory cab with air.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Has anyone purchased a BX with the dealer installed cab? I am considering one and was hoping for some input.
If you have a BX23S-TLB like i do, be aware ahead of time, i think that the ROP is taller and requires a different OEM cab than the rest of the BX models. I could be wrong, i`m sure others can verify that information in here that know for sure.

Also, make sure (if its going in your garage) with whatever you choose for a cab, that it will clear the top of your garage doorway. I almost bought the OEM cab, but wouldnt allow me to store my tractor in my garage due to my door height not being tall enough to clear a cab.

The rear window on the OEM cab is also different due to the tractor having a back-hoe.

And the price of the OEM cab is just plain OUTRAGEOUS!!! Shop around, look for other options if your budget is tight!!!

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Please enlighten me
My thought is to go with one extreme or the other. After using an open station tractor for many years, I decided to go for more comfort in Winter. The result of that shows up in this thread:

https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12883

It really IS the ticket for cold weather and works OK in hot weather by simply lifting the doors off and turning the fan on. I'm still pleased with the outcome. Many owners manage to keep warm in Winter with a much simpler cab.

However, at 70 I'm more into comfort year 'round. That means full heat and A/C and keeping the dust and bugs outside. I want to be as comfy in Summer as I am in Winter.

The cab I made with glass, steel, heat and wipers is way better than the golf cart cover I referenced but it cost some bucks and quite a few hours of work. Without A/C it just didn't keep me happy in the long run. The factory cab on the L4240 suits me perfectly.

Last edited:

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
I have a BX23S. I saved my OT and side job money for a year and splurged on the cab. Machine had 168 hours before the cab. I installed it myself. The heater works great. I added LED lights front and back.

It is loud. At 2000-2500 rpms, its like a bass drum. Once you hit 2800 it quiets a bit. I wear ear protection when mowing anyway so Ill just wear em plowing snow.

The doors are heavy but when removed and in my case, the back window off, plus the windshield flipped open, it moves plenty of air.

Mother Nature has only solidified my purchase this Fall, as last night we had 37 mph winds and still flirting with 25 now as the Turkey went in the oven.

The BX4090 was big bucks, yes. Probably when my Bota is paid off, I may trade it in on a Factory Cab LX2601 or its replacement. The Factory Cab on the B2650 is very nice.

Kurtee

Equipment
BX2660, BX2680 cab, JD 2032R, Honda 5518, JD X590, JD X739
Oct 3, 2013
Nicollet, mn
My thought is to go with one extreme or the other. After using an open station tractor for many years, I decided to go for more comfort in Winter. The result of that shows up in this thread:

https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12883

It really IS the ticket for cold weather and works OK in hot weather by simply lifting the doors off and turning the fan on. I'm still pleased with the outcome. Many owners manage to keep warm in Winter with a much simpler cab.

However, at 70 I'm more into comfort year 'round. That means full heat and A/C and keeping the dust and bugs outside. I want to be ac comfy in Summer as I am in Winter.

The cab I made with glass, steel, heat and wipers is way better than the golf cart cover I referenced but it cost some bucks and quite a few hours of work. Without A/C it just didn't keep me happy in the long run. The factory cab on the L4240 suits me perfectly.
Thanks for linking that build, and your candidness on the rag type as opposed to hard built. As one who has used tractors from open station to heat housers to Koehn cabs to Cozys and Hinikers to the factory cabs I think I have a handle on what you are saying. I am looking at phasing out a Honda 5518 with front snowblower and getting a Bx2680 with the dealer installed Curtis cab or Deere 1025r with factory Mauser cab. The Kubota and Deere offer heat but no AC. Plain and simple a BX is overkill for my driveway but then so is the Honda. I just want to come home from work (or before) and not freeze my butt. I figure that on retirement I can take on some snow removal jobs also. The Curtis cab looks better than any rag type is why I enquired. My wife would probably say I need another tractor about as much as I need another pair of sphincters. She does want her driveway scraped to the pavement tho, which is why the Bx2660 with loader sits in the garage too.